𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙒𝙊𝙍𝙇𝘿: 𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙔-𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

STARBORN: FIFTY—EIGHT ━━ United pt1.

2013 • MIDGARD

KALUM chuckles as he lets go of his mother.

"It's funny..."

Hathor's glistening eyes wander to meet his crystal blue orbs, the corner of her mouth curving upward as her ears are blessed with the sound of his happiness. Her hands squeezed his calloused ones, evidence of the expert spear wielder he's always been. Her second eldest, Karim, had always been a skilled fighter and a noble leader. He was the perfect combination between Arsalan and Faisal, but destiny had other plans for him, and Hathor only hoped in the end, he would have his chance at happiness.

"It's funny how every time I'm in need, I wind up in this place," Kalum confessed, he gripped his mother's hand and met her gaze. "This is the closest can be to home. After all these years, I don't understand why I still consider it a home."

Hathor's gaze hardened with determination, she raised her left hand and gently pressed it against his face. Thumb pressed in front of his ear, and the rest of her fingers were buried into his sandy blond hair. "Karim, son of Horus, grandson of Osiris. You may have been exiled from the Eternal Temple, but you will always be one of us. A prince and a son. This will always be your home for you to come back to."

"Except... I can't really go back, can I?" Kalum winced and Hathor lowered her eyes with guilt. "After seventy-one years away from your home and family, it kinda forces you to find it elsewhere, which I did."

His words tugged Hathor's heartstrings, she wanted nothing more than to comfort her boy. With shame, she forced herself to meet his gaze once more, her hand slid down the side of his face and rested on his bicep, giving it a gentle squeeze. A gesture that was meant to comfort him, however, the one that ended up being settled was her.

"I've lived a long and beautiful life alongside your father," Her voice was soft, like a gentle twinkle of that one star everyone can see in the middle of the night. "Your father wasn't always as strict and harsh. He was courageous, fearless, and always prioritized peace."

Kalum felt his heart burning, there was a lump in his throat as he felt the words of an unspoken question press on the back of his throat. "Then why... why exile me?" Suddenly emotions like loneliness and helplessness overcame him like a looming avalanche, the feelings he was experiencing were the same ones he felt when he arrived at Earth so long ago. "All I ever did was the right thing, Omm. Did I not? I fought for what I believed. I was never trying to oppose him or turn people against him. The Asgardians lost everything, they left their home defenseless to come and help us fight a battle that was ours and only ours to begin with. And when I started pointing out that we should strengthen their alliance and make it official, share our resources and knowledge between them, suddenly I was a traitor?" Mother.