𝙄𝙍𝙊𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙉: 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔- 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍

STARBORN: XXIVTHE HEART

STARBORN: XXIV –THE HEART

2000

STARK INDUSTRIES, NY

Kalum Tiberius crystal blue eyes scan the black, unfinished bodysuit, Tony Stark had design for Alora Stark taking from the synthetic suit she used to rescue him. Tony continue to finish building his Mark III since the last one was pretty damage after his fight in Gulmira, both men stood in silence as they focus on the task at hand. Usually Kalum and Tony wouldn't hang around together, they somehow get on each other nerves but for a strange reason Kalum could feel the need of having to be here. He glances at Tony who supervise the CNC machine do his suit, Kalum knew the hero journey had begun according to the prophecy he had studied during years. He just knew.

"What gives JARVIS?" Tony wonders, Kalum toss a glance at Tony and notice the machine had stopped working.

"You have a visitor, sir. Obadiah Stane is here." JARVIS replied, Tony's face darkens at the mention of his father's old partner.

Kalum immediately notice the change in demeanor, he slowly walked toward Tony as he watched him silently debate if he should go or not. "Want me to go tell him off?"

Tony met his gaze before shaking his head, he put away his screen phone inside his back pocket. "Don't need my sister's ward to do my bidding."

"Is this why fate brought us together?" Kalum deadpanned, Tony rolled his eyes like the rich diva he clearly is and made his way to the door.

"Don't touch my stuff." He points a warning finger at Kal who just raised a daring eyebrow in response. "JARVIS finish my suit."

"Yes, sir."

Tony climb the stairs slowly; in his mind he wonders why would Obadiah come to his house? They were not on speaking terms since the night at the Gala where Tony had his eyes open by him. Obadiah Stane stood in the living room wearing his usual Tom Ford suit and a UNOS pizza with a set smile on his face, Tony stood a few feet away from him. His expression quizzical, silently asking why was he here after what he did to him.

"It's UNOS. Four cheese." He opens the box lid, showing a delicious cheese pizza. "I just had it flown in from Chicago."

Tony remain unfazed by his offering, what he did to him was something that wouldn't be solve by a simple sorry or a UNOS pizza. With a sigh, Obadiah nodded in understanding, he set the pizza on the coffee table before reaching inside his expensive suit. "I'd like you to proof-read something for me."

The former Stark Industries CEO received the letter, sitting on the couch as he quickly scans the whole letter before starting to actually read it.

"Would you want me it to spell-check it, sir?"

Obadiah eyes scan the place before pointing at the ceiling, knowing JARVIS would be an obstacle for him to do what he came to do. "Can you turn him off? All the way?"