𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙒𝙊𝙍𝙇𝘿: 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉

STARBORN: FORTY-SEVEN –REALITY AT YOUR DISPOSAL

2013

London

"Have a little faith in me, okay? I just need you to believe in me."

Ma'at smiled softly, brown eyes twinkling under the sunlight, she placed a hand on Kal's cheek. "Believe in you?" Her voice was indifferent, she mocked him with each word sending shivers down Kalum's spine. "I could never believe in a coward."

Kalum recoiled, her fingertips grazing his cheek as hastily moved away from her, words voicing his worst nightmares. The scenery around him shifted drastically, the ocean became angrier and more destructive, the sky turned dark with storm clouds, the sound of nature was a combination of thunder and the sound of waves crashing aggressively below the cliff.

"No..." Kalum shook his head, eyes watering with unshed tears, refusing to believe her words. "You don't mean that."

"Oh, but I do." Ma'at said, matter-of-factly. Kalum took a sharp intake of breath, the harsh wind blew strands of blond sand hair on his face. "You've been fooling yourself all along Son of Horus, believing yourself to be the rightful ruler-."

"-Stop. What are you saying?" Kalum gasped, unable to find his voice, he felt so tiny and irrelevant. He felt like a tiny pebble being dragged by the harsh current of the river that was life.

Ma'at kept advancing forward, forcing Kalum to back away, purposely leading him at the edge of the cliff. "Why? Why do you want me to stop, Karim? Can't the rightful ruler take the truth?"

"I can!" Kalum yelled angrily, the raging sea below him clashing and churning menacingly. "I can handle the truth! But this isn't it."