𝙋𝙍𝙀-𝙄𝙍𝙊𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙉: 𝙏𝙒𝙊

STARBORN: IIALORA

STARBORN: II –ALORA

1975

Amanda Armstrong released a shaky breath, her hand was wrapped around the gun's handle as she pressed the back of her hand against her forehead. Tears fell down her rosy cheeks, the woman felt her heartstrings tugging painfully on her heart, unable to contain her sorrow Amanda released a sob. All her emotions and pain were charged into a convulsive gasp that seemed to get stuck in her throat at first before noisily ringing in the empty office. Amanda stared at the bullet that was now engraved in her husband's forehead, blood oozing down his forehead past his eye and dripping on the floor. Blending with the already forming puddle of blood that formed a bloody crown around his head, a sight Amanda never believed would be carved in her mind.

Taking in a deep breath, forcing the sobs down into her chest, Amanda began to clean her tears away. Taking several deep breaths as she tried to push aside what just happened, Amanda ran a stressful hand over her blonde hair as she placed the gun on the office desk, her mind ticking with possible solutions. Distant wails could be heard coming down the hall, Amanda's head snapped to the source, her vibrant blue eyes widening as she realized who it came from.

"My baby..." Amanda whispered, the words trailing off as the mother took off, feet carrying her to her daughter's room.

Amanda twisted the door knob, pushing it open, her daughter's cries became prominent and louder as the mother made a beeline to her daughter's crib.

"Hello, Angel," Amanda whispered, her voice broken, and newly shed tears rolled down her already tear stain cheeks. The baby kept crying, seemingly shaken from the loud noise, courtesy of the gun. "Momma's here. Ssh. Ssh. Momma's here. I love you... I love you so much. I promise everything will be okay."

Amanda tried, the mother really tried to sound reassuring and calm, but her voice will always tremble as new tears appear every time she thought of Jude. Amanda rocked her baby in her arms, her little head slouches against her chest, the baby seeking refuge in her mother's heartbeat. But instead of calming her down, it altered her, Amanda's heartbeat was racing and beating loudly against her chest. The blonde woman could even hear her heartbeat palpitating in her ears, instead of having an eardrum, she had a heart.

The baby began to cry once again, Amanda let out an exasperated sigh as she rocked the baby more. "I know, baby. I know. I just need you to work with momma, can you do that? Can you do that, sweetheart?" Amanda cried, a mother begging her baby to stop crying. "Please, I-I just need to think. I'll make this right. Please, baby. Please."