DARK WORLD: FIFTY-SEVEN

STARBORN: FIFTY-SEVEN ━━ A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it.

2013 • MIDGARD

GREENWICH WAS PURE CHAOS.

By the time the team had reached the district, the people had already started to feel a shift going on around them. Portals. Starting with the sporadic appearance of portals scattered all over Greenwich. Citizens would randomly wind up in different locations across England in seconds, having accidentally walked into a portal without them knowing. The team had split into three groups, each group had an Avenger and a scientist. Dr. Selvig went to the heart of the battle with Thor. The God of Thunder allowed him to tag along with him under the condition that he will only be there to help him calibrate the device and after that, he will be leaving. Jane teamed up with Alora, they were the closest team to Thor and Selvig. And lastly, but not least, Darcy and Ian teamed up with Kalum. 

"Physics is going to go ballistic. Increases and decreases in gravity, spatial extrusions. The very fabric of reality is going to be torn apart." Kalum had explained to Darcy and to the rest, who failed to see the anomaly as a threat."

"I better get my pants."

Darcy, Ian, and Kalum were in their designated positions. The Demigod was already in gear, sporting a new look thanks to the little brother he never met but care enough to send him a present. When Alora handed him his gift, Kalum felt a whirlwind of emotions, not knowing how to truly feel. Unfortunately, for only a split second, Kalum had felt disappointed. He knew his relationship with Faisal wasn't the best, there was always some rivalry between them for the sole reason that they were too alike. But his relationship with Arsalan had always been good, his big brother had openly defied his father's decision in regard to his banishment. But of course, nobody could really go against the mighty Horus. 

"We have to hammer them all around the site," Darcy's voice brought Kalum back to earth. The crystal blue-eyed Egyptian shook his head and focused on the task at hand, "and then Jane and Alora will activate them from the tower."

While Darcy spoke, Ian was busy hammering the device. "I mean no offense when I say this, but... I don't see how this plan will work. These devices are literally taped together."

"Do you even know what they do?"

Kalum glanced over at a dumbfounded Ian, eyebrow raised. "Uh... no."

"Neither do I," Darcy admitted with a shrug, "so keep hammering."

Kalum breathed out a chuckle, the flame of his spirit was almost smothered by the very entity of reality, but even that ancient power couldn't fully shatter his character. Crystal blue eyes scanned the scene, actively ignoring the weird and exciting look that British people threw his way. All of his senses were incredibly hyper-aware of his surroundings.