𝙋𝙍𝙀-𝙄𝙍𝙊𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙉: 𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀

STARBORN: IXWHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

STARBORN: IX –WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

1991

LONG ISLAND, NY

Christmas, one of the most loved and waited holidays, the time where family gather around to have a blast with one another. Family drama, presents, festive food, old Christmas songs, and eggnog are one hell of a mix that only Christmas can give you. What a way to say goodbye to another year, hoping for a better one to come with exciting adventures. If only the Starks were celebrating or throwing one of those luxurious parties like they do almost all the years, instead the Stark Mansion was silent and dark.

The Christmas tree was turned off, no staff lingered around with preparations, and there was no Maria Stark shouting orders and gushing over how nice the Christmas decorations were. Howard Stark wasn't at Stark Industries with Obadiah Stane, revising their marketing plan for next year. The sky was a dull shade of grey, bits of snow falling down instead of rain, it made Alora feel as if the sky was mourning along with her.

Alora Stark stood next to Kalum Tiberius and Margaret Carter, her grey eyes were bloodshot as she stared at the two brown caskets being lowered to the ground of the Rhode Island National Cemetery. A single tear slide down her cheek, she felt pressure in her chest, heart bleeding at the sight of her parents being lowered to the ground to never be seen again. She took a sharp intake of air, nose tingling as new tears rush to her eyes, falling one after one.

A harsh wind rattles the trees harshly, also taking a few umbrellas, her long blonde hair flew widely behind her back as some people struggle to grip on their own umbrellas and hats. Kal notice the sudden pick up of the wind, his sky blue eyes wander to Alora whose eyes were shinning orange instead of her usual grey as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Where is this wind coming from?" Peggy Carter question, pieces of hair sticking to her face. "Is it a snow blizzard?"

The guests began to leave the burial, the wind caused more snow to fall down on the ground, Alora was completely oblivious to the sudden change of weather. Not realizing that one of her powers were on full display and out of control, all she focused on was on the two headstones with her parents' names and the memories they left behind.

"I think it's best if we leave." Peggy suggested, voice loud over the wind, Kal nodded to her to go ahead.

"We'll be right behind you." Kal reassured, Peggy threw Alora a worried look before complying and running toward the car.

"Alora." Kal called, the sixteen-year-old girl was on a trance, her brain replaying all the times Maria and Howard made her feel loved and secure.

They were no perfect family, they all had their own problems going on but even then they were a family. Maria was the glue that kept them all together and Howard was their shield, making sure they were all okay even if he didn't know how to deal with them directly.