Chapter 148

Tae Oh was still at the bench feeling absolutely dumbfounded. It took a while to comprehend but he started to understand why the alpha would be upset. He felt bad considering this was not how he expected it to go at all but at least it was over with.

They've never really fought before so he wasn't really sure what to do now. He loved Hyun Ah and refused to mate unless it was with her. Even though he knew she was upset, he didn't think she'd leave him or never want to see him again so he decided his best bet was just to wait for her to come around.

He didn't want to have to go all the way back home again so he decided to just stay. At least until he's made up with the alpha. The sun had already began to set but the omega just sat there and watched it. He didn't feel like getting up just yet.

TAE!? Where are you?

The omega really didn't feel like answering.

Can you please answer? I can't find Hyun. Was she really upset?

What do you mean you can't find her?

She's gone. She's not in the room and she didn't tell me anything.

Where are you?

The courtyard.

Tae Oh stood up immediately and made his way towards the location. He found Ha Yeon with her face above her knees. She looked up when he tapper her, her eyes filled with tears and her face puffy and pink. She grabbed his arm and started blabbering as she cried.

"What happened? Why was she so upset? I keep calling her but she won't answer. She's so mad at me she didn't even tell me that she left I don't know what to do."

Tae Oh sat beside her and pulled her into a hug to calm her down. When she finally did, he pulled back to sign.

'Do you know when she left?'
"Like an hour ago I think. She was so angry. What happened?"
Tae Oh sighed. He didn't know where to start and didn't want to be met with the same reaction.

"Tae!"
'I'm King of Kang kingdom,' he signed quickly.
Ha Yeon only stared at him.
"And??" She raised her hand waiting for him to continue.

'You're not surprised?'
"No I already knew."
'What? Who told you?'
"That's not important. What happened after?"
'That's it. She's just mad I didn't tell her,' he shrugged.
Ha Yeon felt defeated by his reply. It didn't seem like her sister at all.

'I understand her though. From her point of view it kind of seems like she was being deceived. Being rich is mostly a good thing so it just doesn't seem that bad..'
"But sis loves money anyways."
'Yeah because of you..'

Ha Yeon was slightly hurt by that but didn't dwell on it. When she had found out the omega was a prince, she wasn't too surprised. With how conserved he was and the fact that he had tried so hard to hide it, she knew it must've been something serious. She had tried to tell her sister but the older refused to listen.

'If she's not back by tomorrow then we'll go look for her ok?'
"Ok."

It was complete silence as everybody sat and paced in anticipation. There was a heavy air that filled the room and usually Jongho would find it suffocating but he couldn't be bothered by it right now. His body was jittery and his hands trembled against his will. He didn't know what was going on until it was too late.

It started slow, the quickening of his heartbeat. Before he knew it, tears streamed down his face and just when he felt his heart would burst, it stopped. Everything stopped. His heart, his breathing, and even what was left of the small connection he had with his soulmate.