Chapter 147

Hyun Ah was still confused by everything going on. It all happened so fast that she still hadn't had time to process it. She loved the omega a lot and wouldn't have dared to leave him there like that but she also felt like mating was a huge step she wasn't sure she was ready for. It was all very exciting and confusing at the same time.

Tae Oh was thankful she had accepted but he only felt more nervous now as he had yet to tell her the most important part. He sat her down at a small bench away from people and held her hand.

"Tae? What is going on?" She asked with a hint of concern. The omega smiled at how perfectly the ring fit her slender finger.

'There's something I have to tell you,' he finally signed.
"What is it?"
'It's about my occupation.'
"You were accepted?!" She asked excitedly.
Tae Oh nodded with a smile.

"Heavens that's great!" She hugged him. Tae Oh hugged her back, his heart beating rapidly knowing what he was going to say next.

'You're not going to ask what it is?'
"Oh sorry I got excited. What is it?"
'I'm King of Kang kingdom!' He affirmed.

Hyun Ah stared at him for a while before laughing. Tae Oh was surprised by her reaction.

"Tae! Be serious," she said as her laughter died down. The omega was a little hurt but also perplexed.

'I am serious.'
Hyun Ah looked at him and tilted her to the side boringly.
"You know you have to be born royalty to be a King right? Besides, Kang never had an heir."
Tae Oh sat there quite befuddled.

'My father hid me away because he was ashamed of having a son that was mute. When we were attacked, my mother wrote her will of the kingdom to me,' he explained.

Hyun Ah couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"You don't have to make up a whole story Tae," she said still not believing him.

The omega became a little frustrated mostly because he felt like the only reason she wouldn't believe him was because he was mute. He was sure she would have at least entertained the thought if he could speak.

'I'm serious!'
"Stop it Tae. It's not funny anymore."

The omega stood up and reached into his breast pocket. He pulled out the Kang emblem ring and wore it on his finger. Hyun Ah was quite shocked to see it and gasped.

She gazed his attire completely now and noticed the way he was covered in gold. Her eyes glanced the ring on her finger and when she realized it was gold as well, she stood up, a hand covering her mouth.

'Do you believe me now?'
"You're... King..?"
'Well prince.. my coronation is next week.'
The alpha stared at him in complete shock.

"Why didn't you tell me?"
'There was no need to at first since I had no plans on becoming King but after the meeting-'
"What meeting?"
'The royal meeting...' he signed slowly.
'It was decided that I should act as an imitation King for a while..'

"So why didn't you tell me?" She stated again, her tone a bit harsher this time.
'Because...there was no point if I didn't get it and I didn't want to get your hopes up..'
"'Get my hopes up'? What? You expected me to just run into your arms because you're royalty?" She chided.