Chapter 107

Yunho was worried. At first, it was because of Sung Kyung. But when he wanted to discuss his concerns with his father, and couldn't find him, he only became more worried. The man was nowhere to be found.

"Wooyoung is gone too," Mingi said in between breaths when he reached outside the throne room.
"Did they leave together?" Yunho thought out loud.
"There's no way the King could have left without anybody knowing. Even if he did, he couldn't have gone far."
"Then where is he?"
Mingi shrugged.

Jasmine arrived with the King at the same spot she had vanished from. The King was a bit befuddled as to why they were here but Jasmine didn't even wait for him to ask.

"I'm going to go check on them," she said quickly before vanishing again.

The King wanted to say something but the beta was already gone. He paced back and forth, tapping his finger on his chin. Though the idea annoyed him, he didn't have any use there anyways and would probably just slowed her down as she tried to help. He sighed and sat down, his mind returning to the conversation from before.

He couldn't believe his son was pregnant. The scent had been etched in his mind and it only made him more upset. He remembered when his mate was pregnant as well and he was the happiest alpha in the land. The doctors had warned him and tried to tell him that it wasn't a good idea but he didn't have the courage to tell her to abort it. And in the end, he paid the price.

Just the thought of his son dying the same way as his mate terrified him. And he would be foolish to allow it to happen again just because he seemed fine at the moment, when he watched as the omega suffered the same disease she had.

The door busted opened but he paid it no mind as his thoughts spiraled. He needed to do something to help Yeosang understand.

"Father?! Where were you?" Yunho asked surprised, a confused Mingi behind him.

"I went to run a quick errand," the King said lowly, his eyes fixed on seemingly nothing.

"Did you perhaps take Wooyoung with you??"  Yunho queried, bemused by his father's odd behavior.

The King sighed as he realized Wooyoung hadn't come with him. He was too upset and worried that he had completely forgotten. He held his head in his hands and tried to situate his thoughts.

"Father?"
"Yes. I'm not sure when he'll be back," he said softly trying to calm himself down and not take out his anger on someone undeserving of it.

"Please excuse me."

He stood up and left through the back door that led to his quarters. His mind was running a mile a minute and he didn't have the energy to interact with anyone at the moment. Two of the most important people to him were in trouble and it felt like he had already failed in trying to help them.

Jasmine appeared in front of a distraught Joongi pushing down on Sung Kyung's wound. She walked up to them, startling the black haired as he picked up his sword.

"No I'm here to help. The King sent me," she explained quickly.
"Well unless you're a doctor, you're of no help," he spoke coldly. 
"But I can take you to one."
With no further explanation, she briskly held Sung Kyung's hand, noticing she was slowly loosing consciousness and vanished.

Yeosang fell to the ground as soon as his father disappeared. Soojin and Jongho ran to him worriedly. He exhaled softly and tried to breath properly. Jongho caressed his back and Soojin held his hand comfortingly.

"You need to be careful. You can't make sudden movements like that," she said gently.
Jiwoo joined the crowd as well.
"Yes. We found out really early just because of the scent, so you have to be extra careful if you want to keep the child."
Yeosang glanced at her, an eyebrow raised questionably. Soojin mirrored the action.