Chapter 114

🔞🔞🔞🔞
The King was impatiently waiting for the clock to hit 4. He wanted to see Yeosang and having to leave the castle manually was too much of a headache. It was easier and faster to just ask Jasmine.

It was currently 30 minutes until 4 and he was already feeling restless. The papers in front him had long fleeted his mind and he wasn't really in the mood to do them.

His mind wandered back to his sons. He was very surprised to hear Yeosang talk back to him like that and hearing Yunho say the same thing Wooyoung had said a while back just made him disappointed in himself.

It hurt when Yunho claimed that Yeosang was his only 'real' child when he's always considered and loved all his sons equally. He knew Yeosang would be lonely as he spent most of his days cooped up in his room so he always paid the most attention to him. Did something that small really effect the way his other sons would think of him?

As his thoughts spiraled, he began to feel worse. Thoughts like these often consumed his mind and he hated it. Being a single father and a King was not easy. He suddenly missed his mate.

A knock was heard and before he could even compose himself to answer, his eldest had entered. The omega bowed and the King used those quick seconds to sit up properly and wipe his face.

"I want to apologize for my actions the other day. I was upset but that doesn't excuse my discourteous behavior. Please forgive me."

The King was quite surprised to say the least. Amongst all 4 of them, Yunho was the most mature which is why he was hurt to hear him say that. Unlike with Wooyoung, he rarely ever disputed with his oldest and the few times they did, time would just gloss over it as though nothing ever happened. He wasn't expecting an apology, especially so soon.

"I apologize as well. I shouldn't have said what I did," he said softly.

Yunho raised his head from its bowed position and beamed at his father. He expected him to forgive him knowing he never held grudges, but he hadn't expected an apology as well. It made him happy because he was a bit upset when his father said that but he knew he had to be mature and apologize anyways.

Mingi entered as the clock struck 4 and Jasmine appeared seconds after. The King jumped from his seat, and she already placed a hand on his shoulder knowing what he wanted. Mingi ran towards them thankful he had made it just in time. He grabbed the prince's hand in the process and in seconds, they were all gone.

Yeosang entered the living area a little surprised to find the door missing but ignored it and sat next to Jiwoo. She was currently twisting string together by crossing two long pins in a back and forth motion.

"Yeosang!" She smiled when he entered.
"How are you feeling?"
"I'm great. Are you knitting?" He asked curiously.
"Yes I am. It's been a while since I've done it last."
"You used to knit?"

"Mhm. Back when I was pregnant with San. It was a random interest but I often saw my mother do it from time to time so I guess it just stuck out to me. Soojin would barely let me move so I didn't have much to do," she answered.

Yeosang became excited as that was exactly what he wanted to talk to her about.

"That's the same thing that's happening to me. I never thought much of gardening but now I like it and I feel a sort of responsibility towards it," he explained. Jiwoo smiled and continued knitting.

"It's a mother's instinct Yeosang. As time passes you're going to realize how your body, mind and even perspective changes. It's quite fascinating if you ask me."

Yeosang smiled and brought his hand up to pat his stomach. The moment was all a bit compelling. It almost felt as if he was being tested and the outcome of the garden was the result.