Chapter 89

Yunho sat on the floor against his door. He didn't make it to his bed. His mind was scattered and he couldn't string a single thought together except, it's my fault. 

He didn't know why though. Mingi wasn't the petty type that'd leave him over something so simple as letting go of his hand. It meant something, but he didn't know what. And his heart was too broken to think straight.

The prince cried and cried until his head hurt and his heart ached. What would he do now without Mingi? The alpha was his other half. He felt incomplete without him.

This was his greatest fear. He always knew he loved Mingi and was always afraid to admit it because of this. This feeling of absolute incompetence. It was why he always kept his heart at a slight distance, because he knew if he let himself go, he'd fall. He'd fall in love hard. Too hard. And mayhaps he already did.

Seonghwa and Hongjoong were currently in their room laying side by side. The alpha had missed being able to hug him like this.

"I'm proud of you," he told the beta.
"For what?"
"For healing Ha Yeon. You did great."
Seonghwa flushed at the compliment.

"It felt great too. It was nice seeing her so happy," the beta grinned.
"I didn't know you wanted to be a doctor," Hongjoong mentioned. Seonghwa nodded enthusiastically.

"I do. And I used to be scared of people so I wasn't sure but now I'm not scared anymore."
"Because of Mars?"
"No. Because of you. Joongie will always save me," he smiled and latched onto the alpha.
"I want to be with you forever."

Hongjoong felt his heart skip a beat. The feeling surprised him as he's never felt it like that before. He chose to ignore it and cuddled the beta. It didn't take long for Seonghwa to fall asleep, feeling comfortable and relaxed in the alpha's embrace.

The King sat on his throne. Something felt off.  It was already 10 in the morning and he hadn't heard from any of his sons. Mingi would have come to report by now and Yunho should have greeted him already. He wasn't really sure where him and Wooyoung left off.

Just as he thought of the boy, he walked in, without a knock or a bow.

"Father! Yunho collapsed."
The King shot up at that.
"What happened? Where is he?" He asked worriedly.
"I called Mari. She told me to call you," Wooyoung informed, tears already filling his eyes. He didn't wait for his father and ran back towards his brother's chambers, the King right behind him.

Jongho and Yeosang were already inside along with Mari.
"What's going on? What happened? Is he sick?" The King asked frantically.
"No sir. He's just tired. His body seems exhausted," Mari told him.

"But his shirt and sleeve was wet. He was crying! And I haven't seen Mingi all day and yesterday," Wooyoung cried.
The King darted his head to his youngest.
"You think they fought?"
Wooyoung nodded.
"He did smell really sad when I arrived," Jongho added.

Yeosang sat by his brother on the bed and held his hand. He's never really seen him sick before. Even when he had a cold, he'd still work and be out training in the courtyard.

"They're literally crazy over each other, why would they fight? And I saw Mingi yesterday," the King said a little frustrated out of worry.

"Is that why he's tired?" He asked the doctor.
"It could be."

Wooyoung was scared. He's never seen Yunho like this before. He always knew his brother liked Mingi a lot and practically all of the castle knew Mingi was head over heels for him. He's never even seen them fight before. And even if they did, he knew Yunho wouldn't cry this hard unless it was serious.
He ran out the room and headed towards Mingi's house. He had to know what happened.