Chapter 139

"What do you mean 'I'm back'. Where did you go?" Jihoon questioned his brother.
"I told you. I went to go see my friends," Seokmin answered.

"What friends? You don't have any friends."
The boy frowned at him.
"Yes I do. I'm not you," he crossed his arms.

Julian laughed at that and Jihoon inherently ignored it. He was still concerned for him, especially with what Jain had said and his now partially silver eye.

"What are your friends like?" Fati asked softly.
"They're so nice. One of them has long blond hair and blue eyes. He's so tall and pretty. And the other one always makes me laugh," the boy smiled.

"You don't know their names?" She asked.
"No. They didn't tell me."
"How are they your friends if you don't know their names?" Jihoon questioned.
"Because they laugh and talk with me," he answered simply.

Jihoon had no idea what his brother was talking about so he turned to the doctor.
"Are you sure he's alright?" He asked.
Jain scanned him for the third time today. The weird shadow blob she had seen before was nowhere to be found.

"Perfectly fine," she informed.
"So what was that thing you said you saw?" Jasmine asked.
"I have no idea honestly."
"Maybe it's his ability?" Kyro spoke.
They all turned to him.

"I mean he probably projected somewhere right. That explains his friends. And since his ability was in use, that's why you saw it."
"But it still doesn't explain what it is."

"Well, it didn't kill him so I'm sure we'll figure it out eventually," Kyro stood up. He climbed the mast and entered the crows nest.

"But nothing happened. I'm fine," Seokmin said.
Ian walked up to him and handed him a mirror. The boy was confused at first until he saw his partially speckled silver eye. He gasped and stared at his brother in amazement.

"Hyung look! My eye! It's a different color," he said excitedly and lowered his head to show him.
"I know. I saw."
"That's so cool!"
"Sis! Look. Look," he showed Fati. She gasped acting as though it was her first time seeing it. Kira and Kei smiled at the pair fondly.

"Hey Young!" Kyro called from above.
"You've got mail."
He threw the letter from where he was and Julian caught it swiftly between his fingers.

"Yall get mail? How? We're literally in the middle of nowhere," Jihoon commented.

"Every crew has their secrets," Julian said as he handed Wooyoung the envelope. The omega didn't even have to open it to know who it was from. The handwriting and faint scent gave it away.

"Who's it from?" Seokmin asked curiously.

Wooyoung wasn't even sure what to say. Since San broke the bond, he didn't think they were still considered lovers. The thought made him sad and he suddenly teared up. There was nobody to go back to and gush about all of his adventures. Nobody to comfort him when he was lonely or sad. The thought of saying 'former lover,' made his heart hurt so he didn't even reply.

"Youngie? Why are you crying?" Seokmin asked when he noticed his tears. Fati instantly realized and mumbled before going up to take the letter from him. She hugged him and pat his back to comfort him.

"Don't read it if it still hurts. Just forget about him."
"But if he sent it then it's probably important," Wooyoung argued.
"Not if the thought of him already makes you cry."

Wooyoung sniffled and sighed figuring his friend was right. He was having a good time before he remembered. Seokmin suddenly joined their hug and assisted in patting his back.

"Love problems? I understand," he sighed.
They all turned to him slightly amused.
"What do you know about love?" Jihoon questioned with a raise of a brow.
"I know from the best," he said pointing at his brother.
"Me?"