Chapter 138

San laid in Wooyoung's room, basking in the comfort of his scent. He missed the younger very much and still felt bad for everything that had happened. It was only a few weeks until he'd come back but San was tired of waiting. He wondered if this was how it would be everytime; Wooyoung going on missions while he was stuck waiting for him. His thoughts worsened his mood so he sat up and breathed out.

He glimpsed a piece of paper on the side table and a container that held a few ink pens. An idea came to him and he began rummaging through the desk until he found a crumpled note in red ink.

'Mission Notice! Tinka island. Departure date is 3 days from today. Reply to be accounted for.'

San smiled and took a pen to begin writing a letter. If Wooyoung wasn't going to be back in a few weeks, he should at least explain himself so he doesn't get the wrong idea. And that's exactly what he did.

"KING??! OF BAEK?! NO WAY!!" The alpha yelled when the King had informed him of his plan. Mingi chuckled at his uncle's reaction and Yunho was visibly shocked.

"Calm dow-"
"No no no. Do you know what being King means?! I'd have to be in charge of the lives of so many people. And I'm going to be stuck in my seat all day and never get to leave the castle!"

"Its way more than that Joon," the King said.

"Exactly. I don't want or need more than that. My life is perfectly fine the way it is right now. Besides, I don't know a thing about royalty and how to rule."

"So then what are you going to do? Waste away in the shadows of my kingdom?"
"You said I could stay for as long as I want."
"That was formalities Joon. Besides, ruling a kingdom isn't that much different from leading, something which you excell in."
Joongi rolled his eyes as a hint of a smile graced his lips.

"And don't worry. You won't be completely alone. I've got just the person to help you," the King smiled.

Joongi only quirked a brow. The King motioned for Mingi to open the door and a tall, partially pink haired alpha entered.

"You can't keep calling for me unannounced like this," she grumbled as she walked in. Her eyes pranced the room and when she saw the leader smiling, she groaned.

"Not again."

~~~~~

"STAY IN BAEK?! FOR 3 MONTHS?! WITH HIM?" She pointed at the alpha.
"HELL NO!"
"Hey!" Joongi frowned.

"Watch your mouth Kyung," the King warned.
The alpha regained her composure and placed her arms behind her back.

"I apologize your majesty but I have to decline the offer," she bowed.
"I wasn't offering Sung Kyung. It was a command," he said seriously.

The alpha raised her head with a scowl.
"Your majesty! We had an agreement," she spoke in a harsh tone.
"Yes but things have changed. And I specifically stated that."

She stared at him with a hurt expression and Joongi's face contorted from the taste.

"Sung. Even if I hadn't asked you of this, nothing would change. My kingdom is overpopulated and there's not much left for you to do here. I was going to send you there anyway," the King explained.

The female alpha breathed in and out before speaking again.
"When do we leave?" She asked.
"Next month."

She nodded and bowed before excusing herself. Joongi eyed the King disapprovingly before going after her.

Yunho sat down in front of his father as he released a heavy breath.

"Are you sure about this father?"
"About what?"
"Making Joongi King."
"Yes. Why is there a problem?"
"Well, he's right. He doesn't know much about royalty. He didn't even know about the royal meeting."