Chapter 144

San entered the palace with a gloomy expression, his shoulders taut. He couldn't help but think about what Jasmine had said. How was he supposed to apologize if Wooyoung never received the letter?

"Your highness?" A young girl called.
San turned to her and smiled.
"The Queen is calling for you."

San entered the throne to find his mothers discussing something.

"There you are. Can you deliver this for me?" Soojin asked.
"Mother. There's literally people for that," he said boringly.
"And they're all with Hongjoong right now. I need a reply as soon as possible," she told him.
San sighed and took the scroll from her figuring he might as well.
"Oh and if you see Tae Oh please tell him to come back."
"Yes ma'am."

"I want you to go to Lee Kingdom and take charge of it for now," the King ordered.
"Yes father," Yunho bowed.

He was startled when Wooyoung and Jasmine suddenly appeared before them.

"Where have you been?" The King questioned his son.
"Good evening father," Wooyoung greeted lowly.
"It's barely afternoon," the older man said.
"Good afternoon father," he bowed again.

The King looked up to Jasmine and she pointed to his faded bond mark. He nodded showing he understood and raised his hand to dismiss her.

"Woo? Are you alright?"
"I'm fine father."

The older alpha felt disheartened. Wooyoung had never told him about his bond though it was obvious as the mark was once recognizable. He felt he'd be prying and putting his son in a difficult situation if he asked about it. So he stayed silent.

"Good. How was your mission?"
Wooyoung quirked a brow suspiciously. There was no reason for his father to care about his arrangements with pirates.

"It went well," he said deciding to keep it simple.
"Good. I need your help here since I'm sending Yunho to Lee Kingdom."
"For what?"
"Lee Youngmin has passed away and surrendered his kingdom."

Wooyoung nodded and turned his head. He smiled at his brother before the King called his attention again.

"A lot happened while you were absent so I'm going to need a lot of your help. Yunho has already taken the liberty of assigning a few tasks to the soldiers and I want you to watch over them as well," he said.
"Yes father."

As soon as they were outside the throne room, Wooyoung felt a sharp pain in the back of his head.

"Ah! What was that for?" He cried.
"Couldn't even tell me you left? I was worried you know!" Yunho chided.
"That's why I left a note."
"Couldn't even spell mission right."

Wooyoung rolled his eyes and looked straight ahead into nothing. He was emotionally exhausted but figured this was a good way to distract himself.

"Ahem! Guess who finally bonded?" Yunho said proudly. Wooyoung chuckled and glanced at his brother.
"And revealed their sex positions in the process." Yunho turned red causing Wooyoung to burst into laughter.

"Wait. Who told you?" He asked realizing there was no way he could have known.
"Ha Yeon."
"What? How?"
Wooyoung smirked at him and walked away deciding to start on the piles of work from his father.

"What the- How?" He asked again but Wooyoung only ignored him.

San entered the castle gates and headed for the throne room. He had decided to deliver the message to help get his mind off of Wooyoung but it only made it worse.

A sigh escaped him as he raised his head to see a lilac haired omega walk right passed him. His eyes doubled in size and he halted in his tracks.

"W..wooyoung?"