Chapter 82

Mingi had completed most of his duties for the day. It was half an hour passed 3 and he was currently waiting for Yunho to arrive. He saw the omega on horse back a few minutes later.

"What are you doing?" He asked still atop his horse.
"Just waiting for you," Mingi answered and mounted the horse the carriage rider descended from.
"Come on. It's half passed three. Are you going to change?"
He pat the horse and it began trotting forward.
"For?"
"Did you forget already? The meeting," Mingi reminded.
"Shit! Heavens what would I do without you." He double tapped his horse and it began to run. Mingi smiled and followed behind him.
"You still have about 20 minutes calm down," he told the omega but he wouldn't listen.
"I should still be there early."

Mingi motioned for his horse to slow down and decided to complete his duties in the time being.

Yunho entered the throne room with 3 minutes to spare. He had managed to take a quick rinse and change his clothes. Mingyu saw him when he entered and called him over with a smile.

"How are you doing? Why is it so hard to see you?" Mingyu held his hand. Yunho smiled sheepishly.
"Sorry about that. It's been hectic. I'm doing good, how about you?"
"You know. The usual. Did the King ask you to join today?"
The prince nodded and Mingyu tutted.
"I see he gave up. Just follow my lead ok?"
"Ok."

The door opened again as the rest of the Kingsmen entered. They were all surprised to find the prince was joining them. The King emerged from the back door and sat in his throne.

"Thank you all for coming. As most of you may know, Sang Hun will be retiring soon and due to the war, I haven't had much time to recruit a new person, so for now Yunho will be taking his place," the King announced.

There were slight whispers and comments but nobody had any objections, not like it mattered if they did.

"Ok. I want to reconsider what we discussed last time. The entente with the pirates. I think it's a good idea and Mingyu had some facts he wanted to provide you all with."
Yunho was a little confused about what was going on but he listened attentively.

"The contract can be broken at any time since it's not completely formal and we're going to get a lot out of it," Mingyu spoke.
"Like what? Nothing good comes from pirates," an alpha from across the room said. Mingyu never liked him.

"My son was injured fighting against pirates. We're always being attacked by them simply because our kingdom is still considered an easy target. These pirates are friends with the prince and helped fight our battle. They're strong. With their flag, we won't have to worry about being attacked all the time."

Yunho started to understand what they were talking about.

So in the end, they did ask for something in return.

He looked to his father who seemed to be getting tired of their arguing.

But father doesn't seem to mind.

"Alright that's enough!" The King raised his voice.
"Let's take a vote one final time. All in favor of the entente please raise your hand."

Five out of ten people raised their hand. The King smirked as everything was going according to plan.

"Yunho, what do you think?"
He didn't really like the idea but knew it was good for the kingdom. He glanced at Mingyu shooting lasers at him and raised his hand up as well.
"I too am in favor of the entente."
"Good! Then it's settled. Meeting dismissed."

When Mingi completed his rounds around the towns, he decided to head home to greet his dad. He found the man writing in a notebook on the dining table.