Chapter 106

Hongjoong opened his eyes and was met with Seonghwa's soft features right in front of his face. The alpha had always kept to himself and didn't like when people were too close and up in his personal space. But for some reason when it came to Seonghwa, he didn't mind. In fact he liked it.

He sat up a little, resting his body weight on his arm, to get a better view of the beta's face. It was a beautiful sight. Seonghwa's face was practically flawless. Not a single mark or blemish decorating it. There wasn't even a birth mark anywhere. It made the alpha more intrigued.

Is his whole body like that? So will nothing ever affect him or leave a mark? ...So he really can't die?

Seonghwa began to stir awake, moving his head from side to side. Hongjoong noticed a small birthmark right above his collarbone. It made him smile.

"What are you doing?" Seonghwa asked, his eyes peeking open and his voice deep.
"N..nothing," Hongjoong sat up properly.
Seonghwa made a confused expression and glanced at the time. He gasped when he saw it and jumped up, startling the alpha.

"I'm late. Oh no. Mr. Hong is going to be upset with me. Why didn't you wake me up Joongie?" The beta ran from place to place frantically.

"Seonghwa. You don't have work today," Hongjoong said calmly.
The beta stopped moving and stared blankly at the the alpha.
"Oh really?"
"Yes," Hongjoong chuckled.

They sat at the table to eat brunch since it was already past noon. Seonghwa was excited for the meal as Hongjoong had made his a little spicier. It was always fun watching the beta eat quickly and enjoy the food even though his breath often became haggard as he did and he sometimes looked like he was in pain.

Huah! That..? How does that work?..

"Seonghwa."
"Hmm?" The beta answered as he finished his meal.
"Doesn't it hurt?"
"What?"
"The spicy food. Isn't it painful?"
"No. I like it," he smiled.

Hongjoong tilted his head to the side a little muddled.

"Does your body heal every time you get hurt?"
"Yes."
"Every single time?"
"Yes Joongie. You know this. Why are you asking?" The beta became a little upset. He didn't like the fact either.
"Oh I'm sorry. I was just thinking of something."
"What were you thinking of?"
"Nothing really."

Seonghwa gave him a weird look before resting his head against his chair. His breathing was a little distorted and his tongue was sticking out. Hongjoong had a full view of his tanned and exposed neck, his long hair covering his eyes. The alpha started to feel a little hot just from looking at him and his cheeks tinted.

"Do you want some water?" He asked after clearing his throat.
"No. I'm fine."

Seonghwa brought his head up and put a hand on his forehead to push his hair back. He licked his lips, his long tongue draping over his chin.
Hongjoong felt his heart race as he stared at him. There was that weird and now familiar feeling in his stomach again. He didn't know what to make of it.

Seonghwa stood up and put their plates away deciding to leave it for the alpha to wash. He wanted to sit on Hongjoong's lap but the alpha was focused as he wrote in his journal.

"What are you writing?" The beta asked with interest.
"I'm doing research."
"Research?..on what?"
"The zodiac presentation system," Hongjoong finally looked up at him.
"Like fire and water betas?"
"Yes but all presentations."
"There's something different for every presentation?"
"Yes," Hongjoong said enthusiastically and began explaining everything he knew about it to the beta.

"You're a water alpha right?"
"Yes," the alpha answered.

"So is that why your hair turned white? Because of me?" Seonghwa asked sadly.
Hongjoong shook his head and held his hand.