Chapter 85

Tae Oh woke up early today. He didn't really get much sleep. Ever since he met Hyun Ah, he barely had nightmares anymore. The alpha made him feel comfortable and relaxed. There was no point lying and trying to convince himself that he didn't like her.

But today, the reason he was awake before the sun had even risen, was because of a nightmare. Hyun Ah slept with her sister in the palace now and his roommate didn't speak to him much.

He decided to get an early start on his day and take a bath. When he was done, he dressed up and wrote in his journal. Though he didn't have much time to pack as his kingdom was suddenly attacked, he made sure to grab his journal. They held a lot of importance to him.

When he was done, the sun had only began to poke its head from the horizon. He grabbed a wooden sword and began practicing the basics Young Chan had once taught him. He had never planned to learn how to fight.

As an omega and a prince, there was no need to. But now when he thought about it, he realized it was a stupid decision. Knowing to fight or at least protect yourself should be a basic rule in life; like learning to cook and clean. Especially during a time of war. Young Chan had always tried to tell him but he never listened.

Remembering his dear friend who was more like a big brother to him, (even though Tae Oh was older) made him swing the sword with more force. He felt restless and empty, like there was a void in his soul that couldn't be filled. Using all his strength, he hit against the dummy again and the wooden sword broke.

"Woah there. Calm down sir," Hyun Ah joked as she entered the courtyard. Tae Oh abruptly turned around a little surprised to see her.

"What's wrong?" She asked noticing his serious expression. The omega shook his head and sighed.

'What are you doing here so early?' He signed knowing she had work later today.
"Eh. Couldn't sleep. But since when did you know how to use a sword?" She sat on the ground.
'I don't really. I was just swinging it around.' She nodded.

"Hmm I never really saw you as the sword type. Guess you'll be training under General Mingi."
'You don't want to learn the sword?'
"Nah. I want to do martial arts with prince Wooyoung. He's good. And it seems pretty cool."
Tae Oh nodded. He never really imagined himself with a sword either but he didn't know what other options he had. He considered the bow and arrow like Yeosang, but he didn't feel too confident about it.

"Where were you yesterday?"
Tae Oh took a few seconds to process her question and come up with a lie.
'I wasn't feeling too good.'
"Really? Oh no are you ok?" She asked placing her hand on his head, then on his neck. Tae Oh blushed at the touch while Hyun Ah put another hand on her own head to feel the difference.

"You don't seem like you have a fever," she stated. She pulled his hand to check his pulse and Tae Oh only stared at her. What was he to do when she always treated him so kindly.
He pulled his hand away and held hers.
'I'm fine,' he motioned with his other hand. Hyun Ah felt relieved at that. She cared a lot about the omega.

They stared at each other for a few seconds until Tae Oh began to inch his face closer. Hyun Ah didn't move away so the omega took it as a sign to continue and placed his lips on hers.

It was his first kiss in a while and he almost forgot how it all worked. He moved his lips against hers feeling a familiar twist in his stomach. Hyun Ah kissed back for a mere second before pulling away.

"Sorry. I can't," she apologized and quickly stood up and ran back to her room, leaving behind a scared and confused Tae Oh.

Hongjoong woke up to a loud knock on his door. He checked the time and realized it was only 8 in the morning. Who could be knocking so hard? He opened the door and saw a tall woman he remembered as Sung Kyung.