Chapter 115

"I AM NOT WEARING THAT!"
"But your highness, you must. It's tradition."
"And it will end with me because I'd simply rather bleed out than to be caught wearing that bilious piece of rubbish."
"Your high-"
"Get out! I'll dress myself."

Today was Yunho's 21st birthday and he was already dreading it. He hated the stupid tradition that claimed every omega prince was expected to wear a colorful dress on their 21st birthday. It was absolutely ridiculous and he wished the person who came up with it a slow death though it was futile as he was sure their useless flesh and bones had long since decayed.

In all truth, Yunho didn't hate wearing dresses. He'd always seen his mother and brothers wear it and did so himself a few times way before he had even met Mingi. But as he grew and realized that society had certain expectations of him, he threw them out.

It was even worse now with the banal Kingsmen constantly watching his every move and offering their vapid opinions Yunho had no care for. In the beginning, he only feared not being able to become King simply because he was an omega but now that he knew he was going to be King, being an omega was the only hard part. Hard because it was something he couldn't change? Or because he wasn't free to be himself. Yunho wasn't sure.

A light tap broke through his fragile thoughts as Mingi came into his view. The prince's lips curved upwards, his mood already increasing tenfold just from laying eyes on his alpha.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YUN!!" The red head exclaimed way more excited than the guest of honor.

Yunho's bright smile was on full display and he stood up from the bed and draped his arms around the alpha's neck chuckling at the medium sized box he held behind him. He pecked his lips, another smile showcasing itself.

"Thank you loves."

Mingi blushed a bright red and Yunho couldn't help but peck his protruding cheeks.

"Is that for me?" He glanced at the nicely decorated cube behind the alpha as he placed another soft kiss on his nose. Mingi only nodded.

"You know you're not supposed to give it to me right now."
"I know but this is just one of the many. Surely the main one will be greater than this," Mingi said rather confidently.
"Oh really?"

He smirked and pulled the alpha to him until their lips met once again, relishing in the moment.

The alpha had been sleeping at home more often and it was hard to catch a glimpse of him. Yunho didn't let it bother him knowing the younger was just trying to protect the secret that was his birthday present.
It happened every year since Yunho's 16th birthday when Mingi accidentally blurted out his gift and had blamed the prince for coercing him into speaking thus ruining the surprise.

The prince bit his lower lip already loosing his internal battle to keep it chaste and Mingi wanted nothing more than to just drop the box and embrace the older to deepen the kiss, but he held back.
Instead he squeezed the present in between them and tugged it forward, causing the prince to move back a bit and break the kiss.

There was a little glaze in his eyes and Mingi knew what that look meant as the familiar warm heat passed through him. He waited for the prince to take the present and left with a quick "I'll see you tonight," before closing the door.

Yunho sighed feeling a bit dreamy as he sat on his bed. He opened the box and was surprised to find black leather loafers with a visible heel and a gold belt as a strap. He had been wanting these exact ones but never found time to get them and was sure they were off the market by the time he eventually remembered.

A string pulled at his heart. Mingi always remembered the little things.
There was a silver bracelet beside it that had familiar carvings on the beads of it. He noticed a small note when he picked up the bracelet and smiled at the evocative handwriting.