Chapter 119

🔞
Seonghwa was sitting in his small desk across JinHong. He was feeling a bit indifferent, especially with the work in front of him.

It had been a week since his birthday and that magical feeling he had gotten from that kiss, yet Hongjoong had acted like it never happened.

It wasn't entirely the alpha's fault as Seonghwa hadn't said anything about it either, but the beta was simply uneducated on the subject. He was waiting for Hongjoong to do something and take the lead, but the alpha never did. They were still as touchy as always and continued with the pet names, but anytime there faces got even remotely close to one another, Hongjoong backed away.

"Seonghwa. Can you deliver this to patient room 8 and make sure they use it?" The doctor asked, holding a small cup filled with tablets.
"Ok!" the beta said cheerfully, excited to do anything but book work.

It's been a bit over a month since the war and people were doing better so there wasn't that much for him to do. Seonghwa knew that was a good thing but it didn't make him any less bored. He wanted to be able to actively help people.

On his way to the room, he saw Shin Hye, JinHong's assistant. He had a strong disliking for the beta and he wasn't sure why. A few days ago, she had walked past him holding a scalpel which had scraped him. She apologized, but Seonghwa couldn't help but think she did it on purpose. There was no reason to be holding a sharp object like that.

"Hey kiddo. Can you help me with something?"
She asked awfully sweet. Her smile looked sinister and insincere and Seonghwa didn't like it. It reminded him of when different scientists and doctors promised they wouldn't hurt him but ended up staying untrue to their words.

"I can't. JinHong told me to deliver this," he tried squeezing his way out of the situation.
"Don't worry. I'll do it," she grabbed the cup from him.
"Patient room 8 I assume," she said as she studied the tablets.

She smiled and put an arm around him and led him to the lunch room. Seonghwa had just found out there was a place like that. He had questioned JinHong why he never sat to eat there but the omega simply said that he liked eating with him more. Seonghwa knew that wasn't the real reason but it made him happy nevertheless.

They stopped walking when they reached a gray haired male. He was quite young, only a few years older than the beta.

"This is my friend Cheol Su. He's having a really bad headache and I was hoping you could heal him."

Seonghwa felt a bit uncomfortable but he also felt bad for the man he was sure was an omega. He knew that if he refused, Shin Hye would just return to being mean to him so he softly nodded.

"Is this really going to work?" Cheol Su questioned his friend.
"He can do it. Just trust me," she told him.

Seonghwa walked closer to the man and slowly placed a hand over his forehead. The omega was a bit taller but he had no problem reaching his face. His eyes glowed their usual gold and Cheol's widened in size.

Seonghwa's never healed something like a simple headache. It took him a while to even understand what it meant when he read it in the book Yeosang had left in the forest.

He could understand what the problem was as he healed the omega, but there was a part of him that just felt a bit incomplete as his eyes turned back to normal.