Chapter 141

It wasn't until Jongho felt the emptiness of the space beside him that he finally forced his eyes open. He raised his head slightly confused as to where his omega could be. After checking the time and finding it was a few hours before noon, he figured it was time to get up.

When he was done dressing up, he followed the sweet and happy lavender scent of his lover and it lead him to the garden. He was pleased to see the older tending to the garden once again. After the attack, he had barely left the room and the few times he did, he had refused to even glimpse its destroyed state.

Jongho understood that it was because Yeosang had symbolized it with raising a child and couldn't bear to accept that he had failed her. It also didn't help that Jongho hadn't been there to help, making the older feel worthless and incapable without him.

The younger had been feeling disturbed and concerned for him due to what he was feeling from the bond. But now he could confidently say Yeosang was feeling a lot better. He wondered why.

"How's my little teardrop doing?" Jongho asked as he walked up to him and back hugged him.
"You're not going to ask about me?" Yeosang questioned sassily.
"You smell so good, I'm sure I don't need to," he replied before lightly scenting him. Yeosang smiled, deciding the answer was reasonable enough.

"She's fine. Excited even.. I think?"
"What makes you say that?" Jongho asked curiously.

"I was talking to mother about the weird warm zapping feeling I've been having and she said that means she's moving."

"Oh really? You can feel it?" He asked excitement present in his tone.

"Yeah. I've been feeling it for a while now and have been confusing it with something else," Yeosang explained, his voice gradually becoming lower.

"What?"

"Ah there she goes again. I think she's hungry. Let's go eat shall we," Yeosang turned around and smiled at him. He tapped his chest and walked ahead leaving a very confused Jongho to follow behind him.

Today was Seonghwa's test and he was not doing so well. He had woken up way too early only to sit on his bed and spend hours just worrying about it. When Hongjoong woke up, he found the beta studying and advised him to take a break after finding out he had been up all morning.

"Joong. What if I fail? I won't be able to be a doctor? But even if I do become a doctor, I still won't have any patients. They always hurt me," Seonghwa rambled.

Hongjoong stood up from his seat and pulled the beta's chair back to sit in his lap, the way the beta always did. Seonghwa's stomach tingled from the action.

"You're going to pass Seonghwa," Hongjoong said confidently.
"How do you know?"
"Because I know you. You're smart, reliable and strong. There's no way you're going to fail."

Seonghwa gazed at the alpha with amazement. He didn't know why but just hearing Hongjoong say that so confidently made him feel a lot more assured.

"And you don't need patients right now. We'll find some when you're ready. And we'll find ones that won't hurt you. And I'll always be there to protect you," Hongjoong said sincerely.

Seonghwa's heart began to accelerate at a fast pace and he pulled the alpha into his embrace. He hugged him tightly and nuzzled his neck simply basking in his comfort.

"You want me to go with you?" Hongjoong asked as Seonghwa wore his shoes.
"No. I'll be fine," he said confidently.

Hongjoong smiled at him but squeaked when Seonghwa suddenly pulled him closer to kiss him. He moved quickly, sucking on his bottom lip then pushing inside his mouth and playing with his tongue for a few seconds before pulling back.