Chapter 108

Breakfast the next morning was horrendously quiet and very much awkward. Soojin tried her best to start a conversation but it always fell short as barely anybody replied.

Wooyoung had stayed the night and joined them for breakfast as well. Usually, he'd feel very uneasy by the silence, but today he didn't care. He was worried for his brother and felt like if he didn't voice his concerns, it would only make him feel worse.

"Yeosang."

Said omega looked up to his brother and strained a smile. He felt bad that the younger had to witness everything yesterday.
"Yes?" He said softly.
"I..I don't think you should have the child either."

He finally looked up and saw Yeosang's small smile turn upside down. Jongho shot him a glare and Soojin groaned. She was trying her best to not let the conversation go that direction.

"I don't care what you think," Yeosang said dryly. He was getting really tired of trying to be convinced. Wooyoung had a hurt expression on his face and San started to become anxious.

"What if you die? You've already left me all alone in the castle. I barely see you anymore. And you're willing to risk all of us never seeing you again over your unborn child?!"

Yeosang slammed his hand on the table and stood up.

"Why are you trying to bury me before I even die? Do you not see me as a person before my sickness? You think I'm too weak that I can't even bare a child? So if not now, then when? You want me to be afraid for the rest of my life and never have children?!" He raised his voice, a tear slipping from his eyes.

"The only reason I exist is because mother took a risk. I don't have a choice! Even if I do abort her and get pregnant later on, I'll still be taking a risk. I'll always be! So don't push your ideals onto me. Especially you Wooyoung!" He glared at him.
"I don't want to hear what I should be doing with my body from someone who's never had a care for theirs."

He stomped out of the room and walked up the stairs all by himself. Wooyoung bursted into tears again and Jongho didn't have it in him to say anything else and went after his lover.
San held the omega in his arms and Jiwoo sighed. She stood up and excused herself not liking the mood in the room. Soojin continued to eat her breakfast a little unsure of the whole situation.

Jongho entered their shared room and found Yeosang crying on the bed. It made his heart ache. He climbed into the bed and held his omega close, laying his head on his chest. Yeosang appreciated the gesture and cried softly into his chest.

Everybody kept speaking over him and acted like they had a say in the matter. But what made him upset the most was that nobody was taking him seriously. They couldn't see past the fact that he was a sickly child, even though he was currently in perfect health. He hated that.

His whole life he had to be careful. He wasn't allowed to be outside for long periods of time and always watched his brothers freely play around while he was stuck indoors.

Wooyoung would sometimes come crying to him whenever he got hurt, too afraid to be scolded by Mari. Whenever he did, Yeosang would always comfort him, clean his wounds and give him snacks. He always told him to be careful but the boy would never listen and return with a scratch or a cut a few days later.

When he calmed down a while later, Jongho broke the peaceful silence.

"Her?"
"Hmm?"
"You said 'even if I do abort her'," he elaborated.
"Yea. I'm not sure but I don't really feel like they're a boy. I think she's a girl."
Jongho's stomach became warm, a slight moment of panic passing through him.