Chapter 88

Mingi sat in the library again. He needed to think.

I don't want Yunho to be in my shadow once he becomes King. That's unfair to him. But what should I do? .....
Am I overthinking this? The King seems to be completely fine about everything. He even brags about King Hoseok as a King. Did he not see it?
Hmm..this is hard. Should I talk to somebody about this? ..who? ...somebody that has nothing to do with royalty preferably. I need an outside perspective ...HONGJOONG! Perfect.

Mingi stood up and exited the library and made his way to the short alpha's room. On the way, he glimpsed Jongho and Yeosang holding hands, walking the opposite direction. It made him think.

Wait. Does Yunho know as well? Is that why he let go of my hand when he saw the Kingsmen?
No way. ...then why did he let go? I don't think he's embarrassed of me or anything. We love each other and we've been together since we were little. What's there to be embarrassed about?

Ugh this makes no sense. If Yunho knows that even as King, he's not going to have much authority or seem inferior because of his mat-lover who's an alpha..then...that means he knows. And he did say that his type was omegas and that I was just an exception.

So am I...am I ..hindering his future. Is it..is it my fault? Am I the problem..?

The more Mingi thought, the worse he felt as his thoughts spiraled. He needed to find Yunho. He needed to ask.

He ran straight to the Prince's chambers knowing he would probably be there by now and he was thankful when he found him. Yunho looked surprised to see him and smiled.

"Did you finish thinking early?" He asked a little excited.
"Not quite but I had a question. I'm not mad but I'll be lying if I say it didn't bother me," he replied.
"What is it?"
"Why did you let go of my hand when we entered the dining hall a few days ago? Are you embarrassed of me?" He asked clearly, anticipating his reply.

Yunho covered his mouth a little surprised and shook his head frantically.
"No no. Why would I be embarrassed of you Mingi? You're perfect. My perfect Mingi," he said and went to hug him.
Even through all the different emotions the alpha was feeling, he couldn't help but blush at the compliment.

"I just..I tend to feel a little cautious around them," he confessed.
"They..they're always so stereotypical and old fashioned. One time they saw me crying and said, 'it's because he's an omega. He can't help it.' It felt so demeaning so I don't really like to show them my soft side," he explained.

A tear rolled down Mingi's cheek. He was right and he hated that he was. If this is how it was now, how would it be after Yunho became King? Every single accomplishment that was written for King Yoongi was something Mingi was sure Yunho would have known how to do. And if he joined him on the throne, then it'd definitely be worse then how it was now.

Yunho was an omega so he'd have to go through pregnancy at least once to continue the bloodline. Nobody would take him seriously during that time and when he finally recovered, it'd be too late.

"Why are you crying?" Yunho asked a bit shocked when he met the alpha's gaze.
"I..I ...I think we ..I think we should take a break," he choked out. He couldn't believe he had just said that. The fearful expression on Yunho's face only made his heart break.

"A break? From..what?" Yunho asked warily.
"From this. From us," Mingi replied as his tears spilled.

"What? No! Why? Is it because I let go of your hand? I'm sorry. Please Mingi I'm sorry," he begged and held the younger's hand.

Mingi felt like his heart was slowly tearing.
"It's my fault. I'm..I'm so sorry. I'm only a hindrance to you."

Yunho started crying and Mingi couldn't take it anymore. He let go of the prince's hand and ran away. He didn't know what he just did or why he did it, but it was too late to turn back now. He gave up his love for his lover's dream.