Chapter 80

The King sat in his throne room contemplating everything. He hadn't gotten much sleep and decided to start his day rather early. His thoughts drifted to what Mari had said the night before.

"I still need to do a few tests and be sure but I think even his anemia is gone. He showed no signs of weakness and his heart rate is better than ever. He's healthier than Yeong Ah's ever been."

The King rubbed his eyes. It was good news. Great news in fact. But he couldn't help but worry. He felt it could be temporary and didn't want to get his hopes up. Not until Seonghwa woke up.

Thinking of Seonghwa reminded him of his son and how he was going to tell him. He was surprised that the boy hadn't come greet him yet but smiled when a knock came on the door.

The person who entered was not who he expected but nevertheless, he didn't mind.

"Choi San? What do I owe the pleasure?" The King smiled. San was grateful that the King was in a good mood because he was still very nervous.

"Good morning your majesty," he bowed completely. The King eyed him curiously taking account of his behavior.

"I have something to as- tell you," he spoke confidently through his anxious nerves.
The King stopped whatever he was doing and paid attention. It seemed whatever the beta had to say was very important. He wondered if he had a vision.

"Go ahead."
San breathed out and glanced at the King who was staring right back at him. He decided to just get over with it and tell him.

"I've decided I want to bond with Wooyoung," he stated confidently. The King simply stared at him unsure of what to say as it was not at all what he expected. San mistook the King's silence as disapproval and tried to enhance his claim.

"I really like him and I don't really imagine myself with anybody else in the future and he makes m-" an abrupt laughter interrupted him and echoed in the room. San stood there absolutely perplexed. The King composed himself moments later and smiled at the beta.

"Do the Queens make them tell you every time you bond with someone?" He asked.
San shook his head even though he's only bonded once.

"Then why were you so nervous and felt the need to tell me?" He laughed again. San stood there a bit dumbfounded as realization hit him.

"Of course I appreciate your courtesy of letting me know, especially since that bonehead of a child would never have told me until later, but don't feel like you have to ask for my permission. You've both presented and I'm sure you're responsible enough for the both of you."
San felt his heart become warm and smiled.

"He just has a good heart and wants everybody to be happy sir," San protected his lover.
"And I understand but he's too stubborn."
The King shook his head and sighed.
"But who am I to complain? He's practically a carbon copy of myself."

The King glanced at his desk and saw the paper Kyro had offered him.
"Say. Have you had any visions recently? Of war or fighting?" He asked composedly.
San thought to the woman he had saw a day ago. He wasn't sure if it was fighting but she was definitely killed.

"I'm not sure. I've only seen a woman being stabbed," he answered a while later.
"Who? Was it here?"
"This tall woman. I think she was an alpha."
The King pondered on who it could be.

"I don't think it was here. And it doesn't feel like it'll happen soon so I'm just waiting around for more hints."
"Hints?"
"Yes. Hongjoong advised me to visit places and interact with people from my visions to enhance it," he explained. The King nodded and thanked him before dismissing him.