Chapter 128

Yunho was proud with how far he had come. Everything he had done was going to plan and even a few of the Kingsmen had commended him for taking charge appropriately.

He was currently on his way towards the courtyard after having Rowoon round the soldiers up. They were all stood uniformly in 2 rows of 5. He looked at all of them and recognized a few faces. His eyes lingered on Ha Yeon for a second and the beta glued her eyes to the ground, trying her best not to make eye contact.

Ever since Mingi left, she felt as though the prince was picking on her out of spite. He'd order Hyun Ah to do important things along with other soldiers but never gave her much to do. She thought it was a bit unfair but didn't dare speak up about it.

"I want every literate person on my right. If you aren't, stay on my left," Yunho ordered.

There was a few shuffling and confused voices but in a few seconds, they were separated out with more people on his right. Yunho looked between both groups and was faced with a hard decision.

With the amount of soldiers they had now, a leader needed to be appointed amongst them. It was a surprise there wasn't a fight every day. Yunho found that the reason for that was mostly because of Hyun Ah. She was deemed the strongest after Wooyoung announced that she was the only one to perfectly master both the arts of protecting oneself and martial arts.

Right below her however, was Hansung. Mingi said he was the best with a sword and though often calm and quiet, he was very popular. The only problem was that Hyun Ah was in the first row on his right while Hansung on the left.

It would be quite foolish to make anyone else other than Hyun Ah leader. She was strong, smart, and knew how to keep balance. It only made sense to choose her.

But Yunho was thinking far into the future. He knew of the relationship she had with Tae Oh and if the omega did become King, he'd ask her to come with him back to Kang kingdom. It wouldn't do well to have to change to another leader right after appointing one. And knowing the alpha, she'd probably even consider her duty more important and might not want to leave. He didn't want to put them through that.

Everybody stared quietly in anticipation waiting for him to speak. With the way he's been assigning them tasks, it was no surprise that this was going to be his next move. Everybody had been flattering and praising Hyun Ah since they all knew she was going to be chosen. The alpha was a little nervous but excited as well. She didn't want to get her hopes up but it was only fair.

Yunho paced back and forth. He thought to make Hyun Ah leader and then Hansung vice leader but that would only undermine the actual leader's authority. It would even make it worse if they both didn't agree on something. There could only be one.

When he reached a decision, he stopped pacing and looked at all of them once again. His eyes loitered to Ha Yeon again. The beta was very outgoing and capable but Hyun Ah had requested for her not to be sent on assignments that took place outside the kingdom. The prince decided to respect her wishes and hadn't given her much work.

"Hansung."

The beta jolted before answering.

"Y..yes your highness."
"Would you be willing to learn to read and write?"

The question seemed random to him but he answered.

"Yes sir."
"Good."

He snapped his fingers and beside him appeared Rowoon holding a gold ornament. Everybody ogled it as he took it from her. A few gasped at its beauty. It was in the shape of a parrot and was decorated with emeralds and jade jewels.