Chapter Forty-One

You walk back into the bedroom and find your phone ringing. You rush over but it stops before you can make it there. When you grab it, you almost drop it seeing the notifications on the screen. There are three missed calls from Dabi along with some very angry texts, and Casha has called you twice. Your heart starts racing as you dial Casha back. She picks up after the first ring.

"Where are you," she whispers harshly into the phone.

You look back and see Keigo leave the bathroom, slipping into a shirt and walking over to the bed. His smile drops when he sees your look of worry. He comes up behind you and gently touches your arm. His brows are furrowed with concern. You sigh into the phone.

"Cas, I'm with Keigo."

She grumbles into the phone. "Oh god, well no wonder he's so mad!"

"Wait, who? What's going on? Are you ok?" Your eyes widen and you start looking around the room for your clothes to get dressed.

"Y/N, Dabi is here. He's looking for you and he's not happy," she says in a rush, her voiced still hushed.

You quickly start getting dressed and Keigo goes to the closet. He comes out pulling on a pair of jeans as you walk to the kitchen to retrieve the rest of the clothes you discarded.

"He's there?! You didn't let him in did you?" She responds with a nervous laugh and you curse under your breath. "Ok, just...don't do or say anything that will make him angrier. I'm on my way," you say and hang up.

Keigo comes up behind you as you're sliding into your jeans. "I'll go with you," he says.

"No," you say and turn to face him. "No, that'll only make it worse. He won't hurt me, no matter how angry he is. Besides, it was my idea. I need to deal with the consequences."

He sighs and his mouth sets into a hard line. "Y/N..."

You walk up to him and smile softly, placing a hand on his chest. You kiss him gently and he rubs the small of your back.

"Keigo, I promise I'll be fine. If you show up, it'll end in a fight and I don't want Casha's place to get wrecked like my old apartment," you chuckle.

He nods once and closes his eyes, pressing his forehead into yours. "Please be careful...I don't want anything to happen to you."

You pull away and grab his hand, squeezing it tightly before letting it drop. "I will. I'll call you once I get it handled, ok?"

You turn and leave the apartment, catching a cab to Casha's place. When the driver pulls up, you stare at the house and sigh. The curtains are pulled closed, but you can see his silhouette in the living room. He's pacing back and forth, hands going into his hair and waving wildly around him. You climb out of the cab and walk up to the front door. Before you open it, you tuck the feather attached to the chain underneath your shirt. You take a deep breath and turn the knob.

Casha looks up at you with wide eyes full of fright. You offer her a gentle and apologetic smile. Touya rushes over to you and grips your arms. His eyes are wild and full of anger, but you feel his pain through his touch. It pulls as your heart, but you know things can never work between you...he doesn't have your heart in the same way Keigo does.

"Y/N, what the fuck are you thinking?" Touya growls. His eyes narrow and he looks behind you outside the house. "Where is he?"

You sigh and place a hand over his, pushing the door closed behind you. His blue eyes snap back to your face and they soften slightly before hardening again. His jaw is clenched and his anger and pain are at war within him. Casha is filled with worry and fear from her place in the room. It's almost too overwhelming for you. Your other hand pinches the bridge of your nose and you shake your head.