Chapter Twenty-Six

Keigo insisted you go out to celebrate that night. He took you to dinner at your favorite restaurant and spared no expense.

"Thank you," he said suddenly while sitting across the table from you.

You sipped your drink and raised an eyebrow at him. "For what?"

His hand slid across the table and grasped yours. "It really means a lot to me that you were willing to do this. I know you hate the commission...they're not my favorite people on earth either." He shrugged. "But being able to work alongside you to fix the disparities we both see in the commission and with the heroes in general... There's no one else I'd rather do it with." He beamed a smile which you returned.

"I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to the rules and the training if I'm honest," you sighed. "But it'll be nice to not hide anymore. Which reminds me... I've got to tell Casha and the band." You groaned.

Keigo chuckled. "Is that a bad thing?"

"Well no, I'm just not sure how they're going to react to me having kept the secret from them about my vigilante work."

"None of them knew about it?" He was so surprised he almost choked on his drink.

You shook your head. "I didn't tell them because I knew it would put them in jeopardy if I ever got caught."

He shrugged and nodded. "That makes sense." He sat forward. "By the way, I was going to suggest inviting them out to celebrate with us. I was thinking we could go to that bar you were playing at the first time I heard you sing." He smiled softly at you and his golden eyes were radiant as they stared into yours.

You smiled back at him and grabbed your phone. "I think that's a great idea!" You texted out the invitation to them.

When the two of you were finished with dinner, you headed to the bar and greeted your friends once you arrived. Keigo had offered to keep the guys occupied so you could talk to Casha one on one.

"First round's on me!" He boasted and winked at you while you pulled Casha to the side.

You clutched her hand and the two of you stood just outside the back door. "I need to tell you something."

Her eyes widened and she gasped. "Oh my god, are you pregnant?"

Laughter bubbled from your chest and you shook your head. "No! Oh gosh, no. Nothing like that."

"Well! What else could be so important you had to pull me away from everyone?" She was laughing with you.

You cleared your throat. "Casha...did you see the news about that woman who was rescued?"

She nodded. "Yeah, that was crazy. Good thing that vigilante got there in time!"

"Yeah...it was definitely lucky." You nodded and chewed the inside of your cheek nervously. "Well um, Cas... That was me."

You watched as she blinked in confusion. Her head was clouded with curiosity. She pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I...wait. You're saying you were the person who saved that woman?"

You nodded. Casha pulled her hand from yours and crossed her arms over her chest. She took a deep breath and chuckled in disbelief.

"Wow!" Her sudden outburst shocked you. "That's amazing! You're a badass!" She giggled and hugged you.

You chuckled and hugged her back. "And that's not all..." She pulled back to look at you. "I joined the hero commission. You're looking at the new pro hero Sensational."