Chapter Twenty-Nine

Hello!! First off, OMG THANK YOU FOR 1K VIEWS!!!! I am so honored and flattered that so many of you have enjoyed my writing. Don't forget to vote for your favorite chapters and give me a follow for more updates. Sorry it took a while to get this chapter out. I needed a little mental health break. I hope you enjoy it! And buckle up, because it gets a little wild...

Song Mentioned: All The Fucking Time by Loote

The commission had kept you and Hawks busy with missions and patrols ever since you had been cleared to start working with him. When you weren't helping him or working with the agency, you were recruiting more of the vigilantes you knew from the underground. It had been a while since you were able to relax, but at least you still had gigs with your band to help you unwind and have time to do something that you enjoyed. After becoming a pro and working with Hawks, more people had started to show up at your gigs. Of course, they mostly came for photos and autographs with the number two hero and his "badass heroine girlfriend," but it brought you and the band more tips, so you didn't mind.

You were adjusting your microphone and helping the band set up on stage when Keigo walked up in front of you with your favorite drink in hand. You smiled and took it from him, taking a big sip from the glass. "Thank you."

"Of course, songbird. Knock 'em dead." He winked at you and joined Casha at the bar.

The band finished setting up and began to play the first song on your setlist. You gripped the mic and started to move around on stage letting the beat of the music soothe you. As you began to sing, you looked out at Keigo in the crowd and beamed a smile at him. His wings rustled and you saw a little flush in his cheeks as he realized you were about to sing directly to him.

Boy your love is the shit

Put your hands on my hips

Could you come fuck me up just a little?

I don't want it at all if I can't have it all

The crowd was cheering and you were loving the feeling of all the excitement radiating from the crowd. You saw people pulling out their phones to record you and saw some of them swinging their phones over to Keigo as they realized who you were singing it to. You glanced back at Rika who was playing the cords of the song as you approached the chorus. He nodded and you turned back in the direction of the bar.

You jumped down from the stage, mic still in hand, and started walking towards Keigo as you sang. The crowd went wild and people immediately made a path for you to walk directly to him. Casha started giggling and pushed his shoulder, telling him to get up. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked back to you. His eyes widened when he saw you moving towards him, getting closer. He stood and his golden eyes locked with yours as he took a few steps in your direction.

When you reached him, you wrapped your arm around his neck, gazing up at him and singing the chorus to the man you loved.

I just want you to want me all the fucking time, yeah

Why you gotta be so good?

Phone cameras were flashing and people were moving around trying to get the best views and angles to record the two you locked in an embrace in the middle of the venue floor. Your eyes were fixed on each other and the world faded as you melted in his eyes.

Get your face out the clouds

Are you hearing me now?

You should be kissing the ground that I'm walking