Chapter Fifteen

Get ready for some heart warming moments!! <3

After the shower, you and Keigo sat in your bedroom, sprawled out on the bed. The two of you talked about how you got to where you were in life. You told him about the heroes that were less than shining examples of helping others and you told him about the underground operations you had been involved with alongside villains and other vigilantes. He nodded as you told him about your ideals and how there were bad people on both sides, but also good hearted people with true intentions. 

He shared stories with you about his rise to where he was now - one of the youngest people to achieve a top ten spot among the pro heroes. He told you about his training and how he just wanted to help people and that was what drove him to work so hard. He kept making dumb jokes that were sort of funny, you had to admit. Every time you laughed or smiled at one of them, you were met with a warm smile and that soft golden gaze. 

You could feel his infatuation with you going deeper every time you saw each other. And it wasn't just his feelings that were going deeper...you could feel your walls coming down. He made you feel safe...he made you feel comfortable...he made you feel light.

But does he really even know me...? The thought drifted through your head and shattered the illusion of your happiness. You sighed and pulled a blanket around your shoulders. 

Keigo sat up and concern washed over his features. "Hey, kid, what happened? What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" He chuckled as he wrapped you in his arms.

You were so conflicted. Part of you wanted to pull away and ask him to leave. Part of you wanted to snuggle into him and pretend like nothing had happened. And there was another part of you that was screaming at you to stop being so fucking stupid... How were you being stupid? Well that depends on the perspective you looked at it from. Was it stupid to let someone in, hoping that they would be different than the rest - different than every person you had ever trusted to love you? Was it stupid to hope that you could finally be happy for once? Or did you feel stupid for letting your intrusive thoughts cause you to withdraw from what could be the best thing to happen to you?

"Ya know, when I was a kid, I never felt safe." His words broke through the babble in your brain. You turned to look at him, shocked at what he had said. He sighed and looked to the window. "Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling nobody's ever made you feel safe either." You study his face and watch it twist in disgust as a mixture of emotions rolled through him - pain, sadness, anger, fear, hatred.

"Keigo...I-"

He put his hand up to stop you and grinned, but the smile didn't reach his eyes. He drew in a deep breath and grabbed your hand in his. He lifted it to his face and placed your palm against his cheek. He met your gaze and you both sat there in silence. Some of the negative emotions he was feeling before began to be slowly consumed by a warmth while he looked at you. He turned his head and placed kisses on your palm before threading his fingers through yours and pulling you to his chest. He shushed you and started petting your hair. You didn't even realize you were crying until you hiccupped to draw a gasp of air.

Keigo let you cry into his chest without saying a word. The only sounds in your room were the sounds of you crying...until his phone began dinging with notifications. An annoyed grumble came from his chest and he jerked his head in the direction of his phone on your nightstand. 

"Do you need to get that?" Your voice was just above a whisper and your breath kept catching.

"No," he said flatly. "It's just a friend of mine pestering me about something that's not even important right now." He tipped your chin up to him and planted a kiss on your lips. "What's important is that you know I will never hurt you, Y/N. I swear to you that you will always be safe with me." The solid feeling in your chest told you that he wasn't lying. He would do everything he could to keep that statement as fact.