Chapter Forty-Five

Song for this chapter: Love Songs by Maggie Lindemann (You'll know when to play it)

Also WOW! Thank you for 4K reads!! <3

Keigo took the next two days off work and spent every moment he could with you. The two of you spent your time snuggling on the couch watching movies, cooking meals together, and you lost count of how many times you had sex in the last three days. It was all so nice that for a while you were blissfully unaware of the impending chaos that awaited you all, but the day before the big operation, Dabi snapped you back into reality.

Dabi: I'm not sure if you care anymore, but if anything goes wrong tomorrow, I just wanted to tell you that I love you. You were the best thing that ever happened to me and I hate myself for fucking it up. I would have given anything to fix us. All I ever want for you is to be happy and I've accepted that you can't have happiness without him. After tomorrow, I'll completely walk out of your life if that's what you want. I just needed you to know that...

You held your phone in a shaky hand as you read the text. Tears clouded your vision when you read it over a second time. You were standing in the bathroom at the sink, frozen with your eyes locked on the screen.

"Are you hungry? I was thinking we-"

His words cut off and his smile dropped when he saw the look on your face. He rushed to your side and took you in his arms quickly. You sighed and clutched your phone to your chest.

"Y/N what's wrong? Are you ok?" He lifted your chin and studied your face.

You shook your head and sniffled. "I'm ok. It's Dabi....h-he texted me."

Keigo's jaw clenched and his eyes flickered down to your phone. "What does he want?"

"Nothing really, he just...wanted to say a few things before tomorrow," you sighed.

He pulled you into his chest and stroked your back gently. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, I just want to enjoy our time together before tomorrow," you said and nuzzled into him. "What were you going to say when you came in?"

"I was going to ask if you wanted to go get dinner. I have a really nice place in mind," he suggested.

You nodded your head and pulled back a little bit to smile at him. "That sounds nice."

He returned the smile and let you out of the embrace. You went to take a shower while Keigo walked into his closet to get dressed. When you got out, you dried off and walked to the closet to pull out a dress you'd hung there. It was a beautiful halter-top red dress with a scarf hem skirt that hit you just above the knees. After fixing your hair and make-up to your liking, you pulled the dress on and smoothed it over your body. You slipped into some strappy black heels and walked out into the kitchen where Keigo was waiting for you.

His eyes lit up as he turned to look at you. He was wearing black slacks and a button-down shirt that matched the color of your dress with a black-tie hanging from his neck. You were in just as much awe of him as he was of you. He smirked and let out a little whistle as he sauntered over to you. You giggled as he wrapped an arm around your waist and kissed you.

"Well hello, beautiful," he cooed.

"I could say the same for you, handsome," you laughed.

Keigo grabbed your hand and pulled you into the kitchen. He grabbed a bottle of champagne from the countertop and popped the top. You giggled as it fizzed over the neck of the bottle. He quickly held it over the sink to catch the overflow and laughed with you. He poured you both a glass and handed you one with a charming smile.