Chapter Twenty-Seven

This chapter includes non-canon information. Just ideas from my own personal AU for this story. Please don't come for me in the comments. Everyone is open to their own opinions and creative ideas for this fandom. This is FAN FICTION. <3

Your trainings with the commission were no joke. You didn't really expect them to be, but even the sparring sessions you'd had when you were in the league didn't compare to the intensity and high expectations of the trainer you were assigned. Keigo did his best to keep his word about only overseeing the trainings, but there were days you watched his wings rustle and his eyes narrow when you got thrown to the ground in hand to hand combat. You felt his anger and agony of feeling like a helpless bystander. 

The commission had demanded you undergo at least three months of training before joining Keigo in the field. You'd been training for a five months now, but you still hadn't been cleared to join him yet. You'd studied every movement of your trainer. You had figured out his fighting style and you were tired of being put on your ass...

"All right rookie," your trainer, Lyam, took his stance on the sparring mats.

You glanced over at Keigo and he nodded his encouragement. You grinned at him and ducked your head down as you readied yourself. 

He lunged at you and you dodged out of the way, swinging your left leg around with a swift kick. Lyam dropped low and swept his leg across the mat. You leaned into a backflip and landed perfectly. 

"Good job, songird!" Keigo cheered from his stance near the wall.

A low chuckle came from Lyam as he charged you with a left hook and then an uppercut with his right hand. You blocked and deflected the first hit and caught his wrist from the second blow. His eyes briefly widened as you grinned mischievously at him. You sent a wave of fear through his body and he dropped to his knees with frantic eyes. You subdued him and pressed your knee into his back, putting him on the ground and securing his wrists in cuffs. You moved from him and dropped the affect of your quirk. 

Keigo rushed you and wrapped you in a tight hug, lifting you into the air slightly. "YES!"

You were giggling as he placed quick kisses all over your face and mumbled praises against your skin. He set you back down and looked at you with pride.

"Yeah yeah...good job, Y/N. Now get these damned things off me, will ya?" Lyam grumbled with his face pressed into the mat.

Light applause made you and Keigo turn around. The president of the commission was walking forward with a smile on her face. Keigo stepped to the side and nodded curtly at her. You took the cuffs off Lyam and helped him to his feet.

"Good job, indeed." She nodded to you.

"Thank you, ma'am."

Keigo's eyes were darting back and forth between you and the president as she stood there crossing her arms, looking you up and down. 

"We've seen lots of improvement from you, Sensational." She let her arms fall to her sides and relaxed her posture. "We believe you are ready to join Hawks for field missions now."

A wide smile spread across Keigo's face and his wings twitched with excitement. You smiled at him and moved to his side.

"However," she continued, "I'd like to meet with you first. Alone." She raised an eyebrow at Keigo. He sighed and nodded in agreement. She gave a nod to Lyam who gave her a polite salute before she turned to leave.

You followed her to her office. She paused as she passed the threshold of her door and turned back to you. Her eyes went to the single crimson feather hanging from a chain around your neck. "You can leave that outside, dearie. We did train him after all, I know how those things work."