Chapter Twenty-Two

Hey there! I'm here to say thank you once again for all the support and positive reactions to this fic. I hope you're enjoying it as much as I've loved writing it! I wanted to let you all know that I just published a NEW fanfic today. This one is a DabixReader fic and it has a very different feel than this one. You can read the introduction for more information on that one.

Don't forget to vote for chapters you enjoy! And also, if you want to get all of my updates make sure you give me a follow so you'll be notified anytime there are new chapters posted or when I make announcements. <3

TW: Mentions of childhood abuse/trauma

Keigo helped you go through all of your things and find what was salvageable. Most of your clothes were fine because there were no sprinklers in your closet. All of your electronics were fried. Your furniture was ruined. You had some special sentimental things tucked away under your bed and at the top of your closet that thankfully weren't touched. You felt numb as you sorted through your things and looked at everything you had lost. Your apartment itself was trashed. There were charred marks on the walls, the floors, and all over your living room furniture.

You sat down in the floor and sighed. "What am I supposed to do? My landlord is going to go nuts." You placed your face in your hands and started sobbing again.

Keigo grabbed your hand and pulled you up from the ground. "Hey. We'll figure it out. But in the meantime, you're more than welcome to stay with me." He smiled at you softly and kissed your forehead. You leaned into him and sniffled from all the crying you'd done.

"Keigo... You apologized earlier, but I feel like I'm the one who should be apologizing. This is all my fault."

He shushed you and held you tightly. "That's ridiculous, Y/N. Of course, it's not! You did nothing wrong." You squeezed your eyes shut and leaned into his chest. "We definitely have a lot to talk about, but we can do that whenever you're ready." You nodded and pulled out of his arms.

The two of you gathered your things and you changed into something more comfortable. Keigo flew the two of you back to his apartment. You decided to go take a shower. When you got out, he was waiting for you with a hot bowl of ramen. You smiled at him and the two of you ate together in silence. When you were done he took your bowls back to the kitchen.

His apartment was three times the size of yours. It was nicely decorated and he had black leather furniture in the living room. The kitchen was stocked with fancy stainless steel appliances that were sparkling clean. He had a long and slender table made of dark wood with four dining chairs to match. In his bedroom was the comfiest bed you'd ever slept in. It felt like sleeping on a cloud the times you'd slept in it before. This wasn't the first time you'd been here, but you were taking in all your surroundings with more attention this time.

He saw you looking around when he came back over. "I know, it's a lot. But hey, I have the money so I figured why not." He shrugged but then rubbed the back of his head as his wings twitched. "Ah, that sounded really conceited. And probably made me sound like a complete dick after what just happened at your place... I'm sorry."

You chuckled. "It's all right. I've just never really looked around in the times I've been over."

"Oh. Well, you're welcome to stay here for as long as you want, songbird." He smiled at you and looked down at his damp and tattered clothes. "I should probably get out of this suit." He walked to his bedroom and you followed him.

You sat cross-legged on his bed as he walked into the closet. He changed and came back out in some loose black sweatpants. You marveled at his chiseled muscles. His wings flexed on his back when he caught you looking at him.