Chapter Thirty-Five

Remain calm. Stay with me. I love you. <3

P.S. Some of what is in this chapter is not canon. It's part of my own story and AU. So just roll with that and keep it in mind.

After a while, you arrive at the league of villain's newest hideout. Dabi walks in with you still cradled in his arms. You're nuzzled into his chest, welcoming the warmth that radiates from his body. You're not crying anymore, but your chest is wracked with little sobs as you struggle to breathe steadily again.

You vaguely remember hearing voices as he walked through the hideout with you, him taking off your clothes, and wiping your face with a warm cloth, but you didn't feel fully conscious until the warm water of the shower hit your body. You gasped and your body jerked.

"Hey, hey, it's ok. I've got you," Touya's voice soothed.

You looked around frantically. He was still cradling you in his arms. You wrapped your arms around yourself and blushed. He chuckled and looked skyward, a slight grin pulling at the corners of his mouth.

"Relax. I'm just trying to bring you back to the land of the living, doll," he teased. "I can get out if you want."

You sighed and settled into his arms. You didn't want to be alone right now... You shook your head and leaned your head on his shoulder, setting your chin on top of it. You kept your arms wrapped around your chest as the water flowed over your body. You let it soothe you. All of your muscles ached and your eyes felt like they were on fire.

"Atsu is making you tea," Dabi whispered to you.

You snickered softly. "He makes it the best."

Dabi chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, he does."

He stood there holding you for a little while longer while you settled down. A knock came on the door and you heard a small female's voice on the other side, but couldn't quite understand her. Touya reached and turned off the water in the shower. He opened the curtain and stepped out with you, slowly setting you on your feet. You grabbed a towel that was sitting on the counter and wrapped it around yourself. Touya walked to the door and cracked it slightly.

"We'll be out in a minute, Toga."

Your head swiveled to the door as he gently closed it. Toga. You had missed her too. She's misunderstood...such a sweet girl. She just needed people to love her and give her genuine attention and affection.

Touya turned back to face you and your eyes scanned his body. He was wearing soaking wet boxers. You hadn't noticed them before... He saw you looking at him and rubbed the back of his neck a little.

"I uh, didn't want to overwhelm you or make you any more uncomfortable than you might already be feeling," he mumbled.

"Thank you," you croaked, your throat feeling hoarse from all the crying.

He nodded and motioned to a stack of clothes folded neatly sitting atop the back of the toilet. "Those are yours. Toga kept a few of your clothes...in case you ever came back," he sighed.

You closed your eyes and sighed. You turned away from him and pulled the towel tighter around you. You still hadn't let your quirk activate since you shut it off earlier, and now you definitely didn't want to let that wall down. His eyes said everything you needed to know about how he was feeling right now. He cleared his throat and you heard the door click open.

"I'll go so you can get dressed. We'll be waiting for you in the kitchen. Come out of my room and go left, you'll find it," he says as he closes the door.

You stand there and take a deep breath to steady yourself before opening your eyes again. You rub the towel over your body before dropping it to the floor. The shirt you slip on is soft and comfortable, a deep grey color. You slip into the black sweatpants and tie a little knot in the strings that hang from the waistband.