Chapter Thirty

Here's a heart-warming chapter after all the excitement and anxiety. And again, thank you so much for 1K reads! <3

Don't forget that I have a Dabi x Reader fanfiction available now! It's a bit different than this one, but he's one of my favorites and I've really enjoyed writing a fic for him. If you have other requests for future fanfics, please feel free to let me know and I'll see what I can do for ya. :)

You and Keigo get back to his apartment and feathers begin flying around everywhere. He walks into the bedroom with you still cradled in his arms and nestles you amongst the mountain of fluffy pillows that are stacked on the bed. A blanket flies into the room and he tucks it around you. Its so warm. You snuggle into it, inhaling deeply as your head swims with his vanilla and spice scent.

He smiles and wraps his arms and wings around you while he pulls you onto his lap. "Come here, songbird. I've got you."

You duck your head into his chest and close your eyes. They're puffy from all the tears and panicked sobbing earlier. Your breath shakes each time you inhale as you slowly come down from all the chaos.

Keigo rocks you in his arms and hums next to your ear. One of his hands move from your back as he reaches for a mug of warm tea that flies into the room. He offers it to you and you take it with shaky hands.

"Are you hungry, baby? I can cook you something...or we can get your favorite take out." He strokes your cheek and you shake your head. He nods and begins rubbing your back again, rocking you gently in his embrace.

You take small slow sips from the cup of tea letting its warmth soothe you as it spread through your chest. The smell swirls around your nose and you inhale it's calming scent each time you take a drink from the mug.

"What about a warm bubble bath?" His smooth voice is like honey each time he speaks, cooing in your ear.

You shake your head again before taking another sip from your mug. You pull it away from your lips and a few feathers carry it from you, setting it down on the bedside table. Keigo grips you tighter and pets your head, planting kisses after each stroke of your hair. As you begin to settle, you let yourself feel his emotions. He's overcome with guilt. He's full of rage that he's trying desperately to suppress. He has a deep longing for you. His worry is manifesting in an obsessive need to comfort you. The assault of everything he's feeling causes you to gasp.

"What," he pulls back and his eyes scan your body. "What's wrong? Are you ok? Are you hurt?"

You place your palm against his chest as you lean into him. His body stills and relaxes into yours again slowly. "Keigo," you croak. "I'm ok. Just please...calm down for me, ok?" You use your quirk to push calm into him and he sighs deeply as you do.

"Yes, baby. I'm sorry," he kisses your head again. "Are you sure there isn't anything else I can do for you? Anything at all, you name it."

You chuckle softly and crane your neck up to look at him. You cup his cheek and plant a soft kiss on his lips. His hand cups the back of your head and he kisses you on the forehead several times before closing his eyes and pressing his forehead into yours.

"Y/N...I'm so sorry..." His voice breaks. "All of this is my fault." He clenches his jaw and you feel his guilt and anger rising up again like before. "I'm the one who asked you to join the commission. I'm the one who encouraged you to bring your friends in. I'm the one who told you to trust her."

You kiss him and cut off his rambling. "Keigo." You cup his face again and look deep into his golden eyes. They search your face frantically, full of apologies. "Please. Just calm down." Your voice breaks as your eyes cloud with tears again.

Vigilante Songbird (Hawks x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें