The Xposé

This Time for the people of Paris where they Started Their Preparetion for the Annual Dance Hall in the Great Hotel Les Invalides, Where The Minister's Daughter, Mei was in her room With her Several Maids from head to Feet trying their Best to Make Mei Beautiful and gorgeous, But There was Mei who was standing there in her T-pose having serval Questions and Curiousity about a Famous Rumour Which was spreading nowadays in everyone's Ears, With This, Mei sighed.
"What's with this arrangements? I didn't Sign up for a meeting if I remember correctly." Mei said in Monotone making the Maids stopped their work in the Middle as the Main maid came forward and Bowed a little.
"My lady, Today all your Business has been removed and instead of that, One main Event is there in the Evening, So on the Order of your father we are just Checking the Fitting of the Dress." The Maid said and Left Mei nothing to say anymore as she Just went over with it, After their Fitting check they left Mei all alone in her Big Glassgow room and She was of course Relived having some space but soon got lost in her thoughts and Quickly blinked remembering something as she in a Hurry went to her Table and took out the Newspapers from the past days and started to read it carefully and Found the Main Headlines.

"Another Tragic in the Great Opera House, Mayor's Daughter Marianna Died by the Chandelier upon Her!"

Reading the The news Mei grasp upon it and Rolled down her eyes to down to the Next headlines.

"Unnoticeable Trauma Passed through the Main Councelor Madam Sophia about the lost of her daughter at the Same The great Opera House Who got Burnt through her Dress."

This all made Mei think that it's Obvious That All deaths occurred in The Opera House
'Same Place... Different Types of Deaths, The Killer is really Stubborn...' Mei was in the Thought of this as she Gasped Mentally seeing the last line of the Front Page.

"All the Detective has gained the Empty-handed Evidence to these Deaths and Accidents that is Caused by someone really Uncaughtable and gave The Person a Public Name who is invisible like Ghost and Stung like a Venom is...!"

"The Phantom..." Mei Mumbled the Killer's name and Put her hand Beneath her chin with a serious face.

*Knock* *Knock*

Her Mind got Diverted by the Steady Knock by her Main Maid as she Quickly hid all those Articles and Newspapers under her bed and Fixed herself.
"Yes What is it?" Mei asked the Maid and Cleared her voice.
"Lady Mei, Your Majesty Wants your Presence down to the main living Hall in a Moment." The Maid told in her monotone, Mei sighed as she loosened up her Face a bit.
"Understand, I'll be there, You may go now." Mei said as She Heard the Retreating Footsteps away from her Door as she Before leaving Glanced under her bed from Distance and Fwipped towards the door and In her Casual Walk Down to the Stairs and Saw Her Father and other Councelors were gathered around in a Circle with the Duke's Son in the middle with a Unpleasant smirk on Mei's Body as Mei tried hardly Ignore him as she Went down and stood in the middle and gave a short Bow to Everyone and Sat besides her Father as he cleared his throat before a Clap.
"As you may See, This is My Daughter, Who will be present there for the Annual Dance Hall with all the other parties." Sho Said in his Monotone as They Nodded and One of the Councelor stood up Rustling his Bow tie and Smiled.
"Yes, Mr. Sho's Daughter is Sure a True beauty and Looking at her Appearance, There is no Doubt that She mind Using her Inner voice for the Function, Am I right, Sir?" He asked Making Mei Confused as she looked at her Father with Questionable Expression, Sho Nodded.
"Well, Yes Of course. There's no doubt about anything in my Daughter, She is near to the Perfection and For that Mei, You are doing a Special performance after the Dance Hall." Sho said, Bluntly looking at Mei with his normal face, Mei was about to hesitate but She dodged it with a Nod.
"Good, You are selected for the This Year's Role of Christine in The Great Opera House." This Caused Mei a Huge drawback Mentally as she was not Prepared for this at all this was an early news but then She felt a Light touch in her shoulder by Sho as he passed a signal to Mei through his eyes and Mei calmed down for the meantime.
"Yes Father, I'll do it." Mei said Emotionlessly with eyes closed.
"Oh! Marvelous! On the day after your Performance We'll Declared the date for Mei and My son Marshall's Engagement for the Feast of Celebration." The Duke said as they all looked at Mei with Curious eyes as Mei just Looked away and gave a Light Nod to them with her really against will but the Councelors agreed on this with small round of applause and Dismissed the Small meeting as Soon after the Departs, Mei And Sho Went to Sho's Study room and Mei was glaring at Her Father with really Disbelief eyes as Sho Sighed and Looked at her daughter's eyes with Crossed arms.
"Care to Explain?" Mei asked Sternly as Her Father sighed and Scoffed.
"Look it's Temporary, and Here's a correct explanation for this." Sho said bluntly and Their attention get caught when making a Small thud two Persons came in the Study room and Gave a salute to Sho as Mei's curiousity grew more when she saw the Main Country Chief Detective Mitsuko and her professional well-known assistant Maruta came in and Closed the door, Mitsuko took her sunglasses and put out her cigar in between her index and middle finger with a small Puff, Sho came in front.
"Glad you made it, Please Tell Mei everything, I have a meeting to attend, Thank you." Sho said in his monotone and left the room with the three of them alone, Mei made them Sat on the Couch in front of her through her hand gesture, They did the same and sat in their own way.
"So, Madam Me—"
"Please call me Mei, I prefer that."
"Oh okay pardon me, Yes Mei as you already are aware about the Current Situation about The Opera House and the consequences as well." Mitsuko said putting down her hat and gave it to Maruta, Mei Nodded.
"And What do you want me to do with That?" Mei asked, Mitsuko shuffled her tie.
"Yes, but Actually The thing is that behind all these deaths and Murders is a Non-body person." Mitsuko said, Mei got Confused.
"You mean a Ghost or something? That's ridiculous." Mei spoke kind of cold as she looked away, Mitsuko Chuckled.
"Thought you'd say that but it's true, Things That were used to Murder or Caused the Suicide have no Trace of Fingerprint or any other body material." Mitsuko said with Stern eyes, Mei mentally Rolled her eyes and Scoffed.
"Then I am sure you have a Certain evidence about that Non-body Killer." Mei said in her flow and Mitsuko Smirked.
"Of course, we do." Mistuko gave a slight Glance at Maruta and gave a light nod, Maruta got it and took out a File folder from her bag and Placed one Photo of a Figure on the table, Mei Stared at that.
"Take a better look, We are in Major Assumption That this person is The Killer and The Phantom." Mitsuko said as Mei Frailed her hand and took the picture in her hand and took a deep look at the Blurred White Half Poker Masked figure in a Black Suit-set with a Mid-sized Black Hat along with White Gloves on It's Hands and long black Cape at the back and Most Charming Noticible Red Velvet Tie, Mei was lost in That Figure's Appearance as Mitsuko Sighed and broke it, Mei quickly looked at Mitsuko with Questionable Expression.
"This picture is too blur to see clearly, Can you give me more information about it's Appearance?" Mei asked, Mitsuko got a little stuffy.
"Well Actually it'—"
"It's a Her." Both of them looked at A Sudden statement from Maruta as Mitsuko Gulped.
"How did you even Know about the Gender?" Mitsuko asked with slight curious tone, Maruta looked at her and Smiled.
"In my Free Shift, The Experts helped me to deal with it." Maruta said with a gentle tone, Mitsuko hesitatly Nodded.
"I see... good work." Mitsuko said in a low Voice.
"Um, can you tell me about it?" Mei asked, Maruta Nodded.
"Her Appearance might seem really normal to the other girls but it's not, Her Blonde hair, Dark Emrald eyes, Taller than the Average Girls, Her Husky-rose Voice, The type of her Smiling when she got what she wants, Her Trademark, Her White Half-poker Mask Hide her Unseen Face and Most of the important... Her Addiction for Christine who sings the Annual Opera." Maruta said the information in her Monotone as Mei gained all these features and Nodded with respect.
"I really appreciate That." Mei said as There Mitsuko who was Completely speechless with her slight Guilty face.
'When did she got all these stuff before me...? No wonder she's an expert assistant.' Mitsuko cleared up her throat.
"Okay with this, you have to be really careful as Appearance of The Phantom in the Dance Hall are really high and We can't risk your life at any cost." Mitsuko said, Mei Nodded, Maruta Smiled.
"Don't worry Mei, During your Performance There will be tight security around you and at the entrance as well." Maruta said and Mei agreed.
'I doubt That'll be a Futile act. Perhaps.'
"Thank you." After their Talk, They decided to wrap up things with some coffee treat, That Night Mei was really unable to sleep and shifting to sides over and over and Finally got up and Sat at the Support from her bed and sighed.
'I Must've put too much thinking about Her.'
"I can't sleep..." Mei Mumbled as she Looked outside of her windows and met up with the Shiny Full moon in the Dark sky, Mei Smiled as she Slowly get down from her bed and went to the window as she Felt the leisure Breez that Cooled her soul as she felt that all over her body and went in a flow with it for an instant.
"It's really beautiful isn't it?" That Unknown Voice made Mei Startled really hard as she Gasped seeing The Desired Person, The Phantom sitting right above her window with Crossed arms and legs, Seeing this Made Mei want to scream but she somehow wasn't able to as she Drifted from the window and Silently Plopped behind her bed and started trembling slightly as she Gulped.
"H-How did you get h-here?" Mei asked in her Stuttering, In return she didn't get any response and it was really silence, Mei was trying to control herself as she sighed heavily having nothing After That.
"T-that m-maybe was just my imagination... I need to sleep." Mei said to herself as she Quickly got under the Sheets and sealed her eyes but Who Knew that her imagination was already in her room and was laying Besides her with a visible white shiny Smirk.

Citrus Oneshots!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें