Chapter 44

Archer's POV

I've been trying to fight the urge to hurt and torment Carly. She has been screaming so loud that you could hear her from the basement through the whole entire house. My parents had to move; they couldn't believe what their own son had done.

My father, the Spanish don, has given up on the role and has passed it down to me. However, he told me that if I didn't want it, someone else could have it. I didn't want it looking at how my own brother tried to kill me just to have more power. And for Evangeline. On the day of the wedding, we had a big fight. He had confessed to liking Evangeline.

Anyways, right now I'm driving to the hospital, Ayton has informed me that Evangeline has finally awakened. I'm proud that she stabbed Elias. He needed someone to stab him too.

-Cut the time to the hospital-

Once the car finally stops, I run towards the room that she is located in. Standing in front of her door I take a deep breath and go in. All her brothers except for Dallas and Ian are in the room. I take careful steps inside the door and everyone's eyes are on me.

"Well let's go Parker." Ayton says getting up from his chair beside Evangeline. My smile grows when I realize that all her attention is on me.

Parker whines, "Why?"

The answer that comes out of Ayton I don't see it coming but it warms my heart. "Because love birds need their own private space."

I make my way beside Eva whose eyes are on me. As I pass her brothers they both send me glares. Well, more like Ayton. Parker, I don't know what he is trying to do but I'll fake that I'm being intimidated by him.

"Hey." I say once the door closes. "Hi." She replies.

After that we both fell on a silent moment. Neither of us talking just staring at each other.

She slowly parted her lips to speak a few times till finally, I hear something, "Did you knew of Elia's plan?"

"No." I say offended that she thought that I would ever put her in a situation where she would be injured. I continued to tell her, "I went to Carly, she was at the hospital. I made her tell me everything, she told me about what they made you go through. I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

Before we fall into another silent moment I tell her more, "I killed Logan. I- it hurts me knowing what he could have done. Carly is still in my basement, I kept her alive so, if Ian has something to ask she could answer."

Her words that come out of her innocent lips surprise me. Again. "I want her dead." Whatever she wishes she will have. That included if she wants me away from her.

Ian's POV

I stare at the note written by my father. This is not how I wanted to wake up to.

Note:

Dear Ian,

I seriously don't know where to start or how to write this but please don't look for me. I've gone by the time that you have read this letter. I'm sorry for not having the courage to tell you this in person. I'm too much of a coward unlikely you. You are so much more than I could have ever done, you have no idea how proud I am to have you as my son. Ian, you have accomplished more things in life than I could have ever that includes being a father.

Ian you became a parent to your younger siblings. I didn't know how much have I miss out on all of my children's life till just now that I'm reflecting upon my job as a parent. Something I have failed at. That is why you now have the guardianship of your siblings. Either way, you would have raised Evangeline better than me: just like you have done with Dallas, Ayton, and Parker.

I have finally made my decision to not pass the mafia title to you but to my brother. Don't worry you along with your sibling's will not be affected by this. I'm sorry for not being the parent to you deserve.

With love,

your dearest father.

My mind keeps racing in many different scenarios on how I will tell my siblings. How do you tell teens that their father left and is not coming back?

Either way it was truly always been "my job" as my father describes it. However, it's a gift of being able to raise them.

Okay, so I'm kind of writing this in small chapters (there is going to be a few more chapters along with an epilogue) because it's the end. I didn't want to write it in just one chapter. So, yeah.

Don't forget to vote!