Chapter 34

Third POV

"Yes, I will teach you, but may I ask why you need to learn how to fight?" Archer stares at the beautiful young girl as he wants an answer.

Evangeline didn't know if she should tell him, Logan will stop or get bored of annoy and bothering her. So, she replies to him by saying, " I will in the future if it keeps going."

He nodded about to say. This could go in an effective way or a bad one. "Fine then, I'll wait. Can't wait for a date." He winks at Evangeline whose mouth is hanging open. She didn't protest or said anything about being just friends, so Archer is thrilled.

"Wait, I can't go out." Eva said with disappointment in her voice. Archer with determination in his voice said, "Don't worry about it, just be ready. I'll pick up."

Evangeline's day pass, ready to go home, she made her way to where the personal drive would be. She did notice how some students would give her dirty looks. Also, how they would whisper whenever she would pass by them. She didn't bother as she is too excited about her first date.

She just hopes that her father would let her go out.

Alec's POV

It feels like there is more paperwork and more things for me to worry about. For the past week, there have been more threats for Evangeline.

The phone rang making me stop doing what am doing and answer it, "Hello."

"Hello, Mr. Duke Gray, it's Archer." What would he want, "Yes, boy? Is there something that you need help with or your brother with the mafia?" What he says next is something that I didn't expect to hear from him. "No sir, I was just wondering if Eva could come over. My mother would like to have some girl day out with Evangeline."

I was confused, why didn't Isla (mother of Archer and Elias) call me. I was going to deny but remember how Isla had mentioned that she wants to meet Eva personally when she had come over. "Yes boy, she can. Bring her around eight." I spoke. With that, the call ended.

Just then Lily enters the room. "Please, I just came to talk." Her voice is still delicate from the last time we saw each other.

"Have a seat." I say, giving my hand for her to seat herself at the empty chairs in front of me. It would be a lie to say that I had not miss her. My love for her is still there but so is my love for Evangeline. The pain that she gave me, and my sons are too big to forgive that easily.

She looks up at me taking her seat, too sad for my liking. "I heard you getting married." I didn't know how to respond to her, so I told her the truth.

"Yes, I am. However, it's only a contract after a shorter amount of a year I will divorce her." I reassure her. I made my way to her and kneel in front of her. Looking directly in her eye, wanting to say to her how she has me falling for her as if it's the first time that I saw.

Lily took my hands on hers and told me, "I miss you so much, Alec. I miss my kids."

"What's going on here!" Jane yells at the sight of me and Lily.

Standing up, I open my mouth to speak but Lily speaks up, "I should leave."

Jane with an angry look says, "Yeah you should. I don't want you near my future husband no more."

"Lily." I whisper to her. I didn't want her to leave. Lily looks back at me, "I'm sorry." She said and left.

Third POV

Evangeline had a wonderful time with Archer. Isla knew about them going on a date, so if Alec called, she would tell him that she was fine.

They had gone for a picnic inside a cute cabin in a forest. After that, they had a cuddle and watch movies. When the time came for her to leave, she said her goodbyes and had made a promise to Isla to come over next time.

When she came home, she went straight to her bedroom as things in the dining room were tense. Evangeline didn't want to be a part of any more drama she was in.

Evangeline had slept dreaming the memories she had made today with Archer.

Thanks for the support! Don't forget to vote!