Chapter 16

Mute Boy POV

What was that? Did a Duke Gray just stand up for me? WOW.

Let me introduce myself, I'm Archer Sebastian Garcia. I'm the second son of the Spanish mafia. I'm 17 almost 18. I don't care what other people think of me.

At home I'm carefree, doing me. While at school I'm quiet. All of the students think that I'm poor that's exactly what I want them to think of me as a loner. That way I don't have to suffer from the fake people who only want you for the money. The teachers know who am I and they don't care about what I do cause they know what I can do.

Anyways I was at my first class when a new girl came to sit by me. I was shocked when I saw her, she was fine but she is wearing expensive clothes and wearing a lot of makeup. I assumed she was a brat like every girl at my school. Yet she proves me wrong.

She stood up for me telling the other kids to bother me then she said her name, Evangeline Duke Gray. The Duke Gray are the American Mafia. They are not allies nor enemies. I knew the boys in the family had a sister but there were a lot of theories about her. I was too deep in thought about her when she looks my way and smiles at me.

A true angelic smile. I only get a smile in my house from my family. I nod to her.

She is different. Not throwing herself at boys that most girls in this class have tried to seduce to get their attention. Not bothering about most of the popular girls and cheerleaders in class. Ignoring the boys and girls as they whisper about her.

The bell rings, getting my school bag I go to my next class being ignore and picked on. But I don't care because they know that I can beat anyone they have seen me fight boys that are bigger and taller than me at school. So they only talk about no physical approach.

Evangeline's POV

Finally lunchtime, Parker had told me to wait for him by the entrance of the cafeteria. "Hey sis" Parker came to me with a huge smile. Wrapping his arm around my shoulder he leads us to the cafeteria with all eyes on us. "Why is everything so silent?" I whisper. "Don't bother about them. They're just jealous." He said. We arrive at his table. Soon two boys and Ayton came too.

"You must be the famous Evangeline that Ayton here can't stop talking about. It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Jay." The first boys said really flattering. I shake his hand. Then the other boy comes to sit by me but Ayton glares at him. So he sat by Jay. "Also the pleasure to meet you the name is Isaac." I also shake his hand.

The boys were too busy talking about girls, games, and the football game when a girl came to me, "Hi." She said in her fakest voice, but I didn't respond, she is not here for a welcoming chat. "So, you know them?" Pointing to my brothers, "Yeah, I know them." What she asks makes me almost go insane. "Are you married to any of the Duke Gray brothers?"

Is she for real? Everyone in the cafeteria is looking with curiosity, shock, and waiting for my response. "No, they're my brothers," I say. She looks relief. "OMG, maybe I can go to your house to get to know you better." "No, thank you." With a glare from my brothers, she is gone.

My classes pass and most boys are trying to be with me to befriend my brothers. They are really dumb like I'm sitting by them and can hear them talk about me. The girls are worst. They hate me saying I'm a spoiled brat and want my brothers to myself. That's how my day went.

Finally when the bell rung to go home made my way to Ayton's car quickly to avoid everyone. I was met with Parker also waiting for Ayton cause he needs to get his equipment for a game or something.

I was looking around when I saw the boy whos name still I don't know alone. Looking straight ahead. Maybe he needs a ride? You never know what people go thought at home believe me I know that.

I somehow had the courage to walk up to him and stood next to him. "Hey, I'm Evangeline from class. Do you need a ride?" I ask he look at with a blank face before shaking his head. "Okay, well then bye, have a nice day." I say politely before walking back to Parker who didn't notice I left. However, Ayton did notice.

"What were you doing with him?" Ayton asks really trying to keep his anger within. "I just ask him if he needed a ride." I said. He nods before saying, "Leave him alone, Eva he has never tried to make a conversation with anyone and if wants to then he will talk." He then open the door for me to get in. Without looking back I stay silent for the rest of the drive.

Getting home I go to my room to leave my school bag and take my shoes off. Then dad came in, "How was your first day at school?" "It went well." I say. I mean it was except for the rumor's, or the girls and boys.

Lily then came to my mind. "Where is your wife, Lily?" I ask in curiosity. He looks a little angry when I mention her name but his eyes soften when he look at me. " I don't know any Lily nor have a wife." He said calmly. "Wait. What?"

"You better seat because the story is a big. And also because I don't want to keep any secrets from you." I make my way to him seating by him ready for him to continue.