Chapter 46

Looking again at the Duke Gray mansion for the 57th time he decided to go for it. He took deep breaths for every step he took. It had been a week since Evangeline and Ian had left the hospital. A week without seeing her, he wanted to make sure that she was okay. Archer waited for Eva to settle into her new life; a life where her father and mother are gone.

He surely is in debt with Ayton, Ayton had told him how things were going in the mansion.

Archer knew for sure that all of the boys in that household were going to make a hard time for Eva and him. Nevertheless, he would make it worth. Evangeline brothers need to know that Archer is up for any challenge that they will bring. He will do anything to keep his eye on the goal. Evangeline.

So after a few knocks, Ian showed up at the door not wearing his usual suit but a casual shirt and shorts?

"Are you wearing shorts?" Archer's voice filled with jokes and seriousness.

Ian's expression changed from irritated to anger. "Yes, Archer." Should I not be comfortable in my own house. He thought to himself.

He didn't need to ask what reason Archer was here for he knew. So he took a few steps back and let him inside. Archer didn't wait a second and made himself in.

Archer walked past the Duke Gray boys in the mansion to the room he was looking for.

He waited and his hands tighten on the gift he had for Eva. This is it. He was going to do it.

"Should I knock for you?" Dallas asked annoyed at the sight of him.

Archer turned to look at Dallas and spoke, "No. I have it under control."

Dallas whisper some things that he didn't heard but walked away.

On the first knock he heard a come in.

Evas POV

It took me by surprise to see Archer. In my room. Without my brothers.

"Hello." I told him and I got a reply from him quick. Too quick.

He took a deep breath and open his mouth to speak but I couldn't help my laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" Archer ask me. "You seem nervous and that is the first."

His checks turned into a bright shade of pink making me giggle.

"Here." He placed the small wrap present in my hands. I sat down and nodded for him to take a sit next to mine.

When I open the present I turn to look at him. "A notebook with written notes?"

Gently he took the notebook from my hands and turn the page and spoke, "Things I like and notice of Evangeline."

I froze

I watch as his shakily hands turn the next page, "The jokes that I said and Eva has laughed at."

He turn the page and over and over naming the title of the pages and lists

"When Eva smiles
What she makes me feel
The color of her eyes on the light, sunlight, night, and inside...

He kept going and reading every bit of thing he notice from me.

Surprise!!!!
My power is back and can write again!!!!
Hope y'all like this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment what will happen next with this couple
Till next time....