Chapter 17

Eva sat by her father processing every word that her father said. She couldn't believe her mother would do such a thing just to get him to do something she wanted. She was also surprised and shocked when her father mentions that he is the mafia. Nevertheless, he would never hurt her and he trusted her that's why he is not going to keep a secret from her.

Alec had made the decision to not keep things hidden from Eva. Watching her cry as he told her what happened to Lily and her plan of kidnapping her made her upset. That is why he chose to tell her about the mafia too, so there would be no secrets. That way she could see that he trusts her and cares about her.

He had suggested if she wanted to take some time off school but she wanted to go. Alec then cuddles down with his daughter hating to see her in this state but he understood that she needs time. Too sleepy Eva closed her eyes enjoying the safeness and protectiveness that her father was giving her. Alec too let himself sleep having Eva in his arms.

Ian POV

Coming home from work I enter to find Dallas and Ayton watching a game. Parker was not seen which means he is up to no good. Not bothering to make my presence known to them I search for Parker. I didn't see him but then I slowly make my way to Eva's room to find dad and Eva asleep.

I was too busy watching them wishing that I was there for her. To watch her grow into the beautiful young woman she is today. Then a maid came to me saying that dinner is ready. I told her to look for Parker. Walking up to them I shake dad first, "Dinner is ready. " I say as he signals me to leave the room.

Going downstairs Parker is in the middle of the living room cover in dirt. "What were you doing? And where were you?" I say sternly. "I was just digging in the backyard. " He is lying for sure so I give him a look. "Okay, so I may have gotten Eva a puppy." I stare at him.

Soon dad along with Evangeline come downstairs. "What is going on here?" Dad asks before anyone can say anything a white puppy with a black spot on its left ear and the end of its tail comes running into the living room.

"Surprise Eva!" Parker exclaims which dad just looks ready to have a word with you. "Parker, you know that whatever you do or make a decision you come to me, right. Well, then why was I not inform of th-" He stopped talking when he turned to look at Eva petting the puppy with a smile.

"You're grounded and you're lucky that we're keeping that thing and only because of Eva. " He says before walking to the kitchen.

"Thank you, Parker," Eva says to Parker as she pets the puppy. "Eva let Miss Isla take the puppy to be clean while you eat," I say which she nods and goes to the kitchen. I point to the kitchen at Parker. "Clean the puppy, Isla."

No one's POV

Everyone was eating peacefully when a tiny bark was heard. Dallas and Ayton were confused, "Is that a bark? From like a dog?" Then the puppy came running toward us barking and whimpering.

"Yeah, Parker got it for Eva," Alec says annoyed that the dog can't stop barking. The two boys were stunned by this they had never had a dog before. Their father thought that the boys weren't responsible enough.

"I think it's hungry, did you got dog food?" Eva asks Parker, who shook his head. Looking at his dad he said, "I forgot."

That's how dinner went for Duke Grays till a bullet went through a window. "Get down" Someone shouted.

Alec quickly took his gun and phone to call for his men. "Dallas take your brothers with you to my office and lock it." Dallas quickly reaches for Eva and the rest of his brothers. Making their way more bullets were coming their way but stopped when their father and Ian shoot them. Opening the office door they lock it and wait patiently for their father and Ian to order them to open the door once there is no danger.

Outside some Alec alongside his oldest son was taking cover waiting for his men to arrive to help. Some of the guards were outside taking down the enemies. Soon men cover from top to bottom started to shoot at them, Alec was the first to shoot at them. Ian soon joins his dad.

Taking every guy that they could finally there was only one who was surrounded by Alec's men that just barge in. "Is the amount of money that I'm paying you not enough!" Alec yelled at them. "I want you to prepare for the next time that I call you! Now take him to the warehouse!"

His men did what they were asked to do afraid of his words that came out like death to them. Ready to collapse to the ground from the fighting off his voice. Alec then walks with authority to the office reaching for his kids who were shaking from the scare that they just had.

It took the family some time to get them all to calm down. Ian had bought a house that no one knew of so they would be unknown of their location to anyone. They reach the house that was near the mountains and forest it was bigger than the mansion surrounded by nature only for them to wonder. Except that the younger Duke Grays were filled with overwhelmedness by what just had happened.

Everyone made their way to their new room but Eva couldn't sleep. So she did the unexpected she walks down the hallway scared that another bullet aiming at her. Knocks at the room that was next to her and before her stood Ayton, he was ready to ask her what's wrong but she hug him tight.

Carrying her to his new bed he laid themselves carefully pulling the covers to them. Slowly drifting away cuddling to each other.

Thanks for those who have been voting! Thank you guys for your support have a nice day. Don't forget to vote!