Chapter 18

Alec woke up early today deciding to make breakfast with lots of coffee. He was filled with worried about how his younger kids would react to the events of last night. By the time he was about to finish his older son Dallas came with a worried expression, "What are you doing so early in the morning father."

"Preparing breakfast, now call the rest of your siblings down." He orders his son. Soon all of them came to the kitchen filling the table with their presence. "How did you guys sleep?" Alec felt the urge to ask the question.

Fine and good was all he got. He just hopes that his kids wouldn't think about it during the day. And that maybe school would help keep those memories from last night away from their minds.

"OMG!" Eva said as she jumped from the chair that got all male's attention to her, "Where is the puppy?" She asks in a worried voice. The boy's eyes widen at the realization that the puppy was nowhere to be seen.

"Don't worry about the puppy, it's getting its vaccines." Ian lied to his sister not meeting her eyes. "Well, I have work to do so I'm going to go." He said quickly leaving.

Eva at least was calm about the cute puppy. Getting herself ready for school she made her way downstairs. Her brothers smile at her as they walk up to Ayton's car. Resting her head on the window she closes her eyes.

"Evangeline are you okay? If you don't you can always tell us or call dad." Parker reassures his sister.

Walking to school her brothers guide her around to her first class which she enters and sits. She rests her head down waiting for the bell to ring. Eva was about to fall asleep but the bell rang making students fill the class.

Today she had no confidence as her mind kept going back to the last night and it couldn't help but also her past. She felt as if wherever she goes trouble comes along with her. Universe indeed doesn't get along with Eva.

She was definitely in no mood for all the questions the girls were asking about her brothers. Including the looks of the boys. The began and she was still deep in thought about her life. Is all of this horrible event happened to her family because of her...

"Miss Duke Gray?" Her teacher asks. She finally looks up, "I'm sorry what?" She cursed at herself for not paying attention."Are you okay?" The teacher asks again."Yeah, I'm fine." She responded, "Then can you answer my question that I had asked you?"

What?? Great now she was gonna look like an idiot in front of everyone.

Archers POV

Walking into class I found myself staring at her. I still couldn't believe she stood up for me. Anyways making my way to my seat I notice that she seems off. She kept her head down not bothering to pay attention in class.

After a while, the teacher also notices and started to call her name. Evangeline looks up to meet the teacher asking her to answer but she doesn't know the answer. I can tell she is nervous so I did one thing that I would never do for anyone in school.

Confidently I speak looking straight at her, "It's a karyotype."

The whole room goes silent. "That's correct, Archer."

Evangeline looks at me not surprise and mouths a thank you which I nod to.

Ayton's POV

It's lunchtime finally. Walking with my friend I hear gushing about the mute boy. "What's all this about?" I ask one of my friends. "You don't know?" I shook my head waiting for him to tell me. "The mute boy whose name is Archer answered a question for the new hot girl. I think her name is Evangeline. You should definitely take a look at that." I stare at him. Did he just said the new hot girl. The only new girl at our school is My sister.

"Look here she comes." My Mike says to me. I turn to look at my brother Parker walking beside my Eva. Oh no. I got mad. "Don't you dare try anything with my sister!" I yell at my friends. Walking past them I move to my siblings.

Parker POV

Today is really a hell of a day. I woke a little frightened that another bullet would come my way. Then the mute boy Archer talks. Apparently, all the girls in his class are going crazy over him, talking about how dark and sexy his voice is. Then it turns out he is the boy who answers the question for Eva. Evangeline stood up for him yesterday. Am I sensing a possible romantic relationship between them?

If dad hears about this boy he is going to go crazy and I know for sure he will be notified. I just hope Evangeline is ready for a talk with dad about the no-boys rule.

Good luck Evangeline. That is my last thought before heading out to look for Eva to go to the cafeteria.

Thanks for all the support! Hope you guys have a nice day! Don't forget to vote!