Chapter 43

Alec's POV

Nightmares from the events of last night wake me up. Once again. I get up to walk around the hallways of the hospital...

Ayton is good even though he only has a few bruises, Evangeline hasn't woken up since she passes out, and Ian...

Ian hasn't woken up from the coma.

Parker and Dallas don't talk to me... the only person that has answer my calls are the lawyer, my brother, and Lily...

Finding myself in front of Ian's room I enter knowing that it's the last time that I will see him. I sit beside him looking at all of his features. Knowing what I must do, and it won't be easy. However, if I want to make it up to them, I have to.

I take the letter from my pocket and leave it in his hand. "I love you all." That is all I can make out before the tears start rolling down my face. Taking steps toward the door to leave his room is harder than I ever expected. Once I make it I don't look back at him knowing that I will stay, so I walk out of this room, out of this hospital, and out of their lives.

Calling the one person that created me and destroy me, "Hello Lily-"

Evangeline POV

Opening my eyes, I find myself in a hospital bed with Dallas, Parker, and Ayton bedsides me. They had fallen asleep, except for Dallas.

"Hey." I make out with my dry throat. He got out of his chair and got me a glass of water. "How are you feeling?" Dallas asks me.

"I'm fine."

Noticing that Ian is not here I ask him where he is however, I got a sad look from him. "Ian got shot by Elia's when you stab him." He gave me a small sad smile.

But his next words broke my heart even more,

"He's in a coma."

I could feel the tears streaming down my eyes, how could I have been so stupid. Because of me, Ian got shot. This is all my fault.

His warm hand wipes my tears away, moving the hair from my face. "Listen, Eva, it's not your fault. You did what you thought was best. And I'm so proud of you and Ayton."

We were both interrupted by a nurse, "Sir, this was left in Ian's hand." She gave the envelope to Dallas.

Third POV

Dallas went outside the room to check out the envelope, he took the note that was inside it and read it. It was for Ian but some of it was for each and one of the Duke Gray siblings.

Folding the note nicely he place it back. Dallas lean against the wall processing what was in the note.

For sure his father had again put his feelings instead of his children. Something that he tends to do. However, he didn't know how to feel.

He knew that this wouldn't affect Ian, himself, Ayton, and Parker. Evangeline is another case...she become close to him. Yet, Ian would always be there for them. He fills in the space that Alec never did. Evangeline yearn for it but it was always Ian would make sure to have a father figure.

Sorry for short chapter...
What do you think the note says?
By the way I'm not killing Ian, he will be fine.

Don't forget to vote!!!