Days of Remembrance 9

Start from the beginning

SLAP.

Aura gasped. "Texas slapped Lappland!"

Indeed Lappland had been slapped, her left cheek stinging from the absorbed hit. The blow was just what she expected from the future alpha of the Texas Pack land. Thunder rumbled somewhere in the distance, but it's power did not hold a candle to the fire in Texas's eyes.

Bright tugged Aura to her, responding in a hushed whisper. "Quiet down Aura. We don't need a narrator."

"Mm, we all saw it perfectly fine." Hawke agreed.

Eagle did not miss a beat. "Too bad we didn't get it on record. Would have been perfect blackmail."

"As if Texas would let you take such a photo in the first place." Aura huffed, put out no one was reacting with the same shock she had.

To be fair, they have seen us do this before. Normally Aura was not available for these sunset patrols. Dinner time meant eating food and finishing up homework— if there was any to begin with— not gallivanting across the land with wolves older than her. But as tonight's dinner was moved back, the redhead managed to join them. This would eventually become a common trend as the months went on.

"I would not. And on that note, all of you are dismissed . . . except Lappland."

And there it was. Lappland felt her heart rate speed up, the hunger in her body ready for what was coming. Though all this sexual tension was lost on Aura. The little wolf stared at the pair of them worriedly with her concerned expression.

"You're not going to slap her again are you?" Aura asked Texas.

Her girlfriend shook her head, even if it was partially incorrect there was no point in making Aura worry further. "No. We will just be having a little chat when we get home." A steady turn to Bright, "Can you take Aura home?"

Bright nodded. "Not a problem."

"Make sure she's caught up in her studies too." Lappland chipped in.

"Nooo, I don't wanna study." Aura whined.

"Too bad so sad." Bright's rebuttal left the younger wolf sulking.

"Catch ya later Texas and Lappland." Hawke waved in passing.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't!" Eagle hollered over his shoulder.

The dwindling bickering of their friends as they went their separate ways carried until the noise was inevitably swallowed up by honking cars and crowded conversations. And even with all those other people making up a background ambience Lappland felt the two of them were alone. So her next steps came easy, bridging the distance until she could yank at Texas's shirt front. The pulling of fabric gave her perfect access to the expanse of upper neck and collarbone. But as tempted as she was to bite lower, marking what was certainly hers, Lappland refrained. Her teeth found the next best spot to nip. Teeth sunk into warm flesh.

"Gah!" Texas yelped.

Hands reached out to the back of her neck, fingertips threading upwards into her hair until there was a good enough grip. The yank with which Texas pulled her back was by no means gentle, yet still managed to prevent Lappland's teeth from snagging a prized piece of pale skin on their way out. A dark pink blotch bloomed where her mouth had been moments before, the primal part of her singing with glee. She had left that there. It was her proof.

"Hah. That's going to leave a mark." She smiled to herself.

Texas scowled at her, not at all impressed. "How many times do I have to tell you not to act up in public?"