slow dance into the night

Mulai dari awal

"I know, I should have long went to sleep," Emmy said, laughing aswell.

"Tired?," he asked, looking her in the eyes.

"Nope, probably cause we've been laying around all day " she giggled and shook her head, "Hungry?"

"I mean... no, but some tea or coffee or something would be good," Daveed said.

Emmy lifted one shoulder in a shrug, "Tea would be nice."

She took his hand in mutual agreement and together they walked into the kitchen. With the place, there were several things to keep them comfortable and prevent them from having to drive into town. A box of chamomile tea sitting on the counter was apart of these items.

Once into the kitchen, Daveed pulled out a pot and filled it with some water. He set the pot on the stove and moved the dial to where is was boiling. As he was standing over watching the water heat up, Emmy stood behind him with one hand still linked with his and the other wrapped around him, pulling him into a hug from the back. She laid her hand down on his back, continuing to hold his waist.

In effort to make the water watching more entertaining, Emmy began to sway. She moved Daveed side to side along with herself, a gentle rock while she rested her body on his.

Once the leaves were seeped and the color was where they wanted, Daveed poured a glass for both of them.

"Thank you baby," Emmy said, letting go of him as he turned around to hand her the mug.

"Cheers," he said, softly smiling at her and raising his drink.

They sipped in peace for a small while, every now and then looking up to share a loving gaze. The longer they went, the more the light left the room as the dark of the night peeked in the room full of windows.

"It's so quiet here," Daveed spoke up, "I love it."

"It's like, just us, you know, it's nice," Emmy half-rambled.

"Me and you, just me and you," he couldn't help the blush that was escaping his features as he spoke these words.

Daveed set down the tea and reached out his hand as a signal for Emmy to grab. He led her back into the living room where they began, but as he walked he pulled out his phone and opened spotify.

Through his speakers "In my arms" by Johnnyswim sounded and he set his phone on the coffee table. It was their song and it was his turn to start the swaying.

Daveed wrapped both arms around Emmys lower back as her arms traveled up to wrap around his neck. He leaned his forehead to touch hers and began to move her softly to the music.

The music wasn't loud, they were moving at a turtle's pace, and the only light came from a lamp in the corner of the kitchen, but it was a beautifully intimate moment between the pair.

They continued to dance together as Abner and Amanda sang.

And it doesn't matter where we go
East Tennessee or Tokyo
I'm not a foreigner, I'm home
When you're there in my arms

At this verse, Daveed leaned in to press a kiss to Emmy's lips, this part of the song always feeling like it was written specifically for them. All around him felt like every lock was in key. It felt perfect, he actually couldn't believe how perfect he felt in the moment, holding his fiancé. Surprisingly euphoric almost, the way his happiness levels felt right now, like nothing could bring him down.

A few more words deeper into the song and Emmy's head had fallen down to his shoulder. She kept it there all while continuing to rock to the beat. Daveed lifted his arms and placed his hands on the back of her head, one higher than the other, just holding her in place.

She would probably fall asleep soon, it was true, it was so unlike her to be up this late, but like him, the storage of joy inside her felt full and she never wanted to leave this spot.

The song had ended but daveed continued to move, continued to hold her in his hands, and continued to relish the intimacy of the night. He opened his mouth and in not too much louder than a whisper and with the verses all out of order he sang:

I'm gonna love you like nobody will,
Ours is a love story for every age,
If you're there in my arms,
I'm home,
We'll make a life or a baby or two,
You're there in my arms,
Im home....