Chapter 21: Official Date

Sting POV

"What's wrong?" I asked as we were sitting in complete silence at the park. She just looked at me confused. "Huh? Nothings wrong." she said.

"Liar, liar, panties on fire." I sang with a bored face to her. She flicked my cheek. "I'm pretty sure it's pants not panties." she corrected.

I chuckled. "Well not in my book. Its panties cause its more sexy. Especially with you." I  puckered my lips and played around making her roll her eyes and me snort.

"Haha. So funny I forgot to laugh." she playfully pushed me. I smiled. "Its nice to see you smiling again." I said to her.

"What are you talking about? I smile." she said, sounding offended. "But today your not. Your totally out of the zone." I stuck my tongue out at her.

Lucy POV

"Well something happened last night. But I can't really remember what happened." I admit. He looked at me strangely. "Like what?" he asked.

I simply shrugged. "Well Natsu came over and we hung out for a bit but I can't really remember anything after that, other than waking up this morning." I explained. He looked at the lake in front of us with a long stare. He was thinking about it.

I just stared at the lake as well trying to remember. "Lets go." he said.

"Go? Go where?" I asked as he pulled my hand and we started to walk off into the town. He smiled at me. "Our date." he entwined his fingers with mine and squeezed it. Then, he twirled me around and caught me swiftly with a mere smirk on his face. Suddenly, he got down on a knee and kissed the top of my hand. "Go on a date with me, Lucy?" he asked.

My cheeks literally lit up. No. My whole face lit up. "S-Sting......" I was speechless.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes." he stood up and grabbed my hand and we were off.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

We sat down in a booth at a restaurant that I have never heard of or seen before. Sting just chuckled when he saw my reaction to their desert menu. "Whoa. I hope you have stacks of cash on ya." I said giving my orders to the waiter already.

Sting just snorted while watching me. When I finished Sting ordered a lot of things as well. After awhile our food finally arrived so we began to eat. "Do you know what might have happened last night?" I asked Sting.

He stopped eating and glanced at me. But he then continued eating. "Nope." I just huffed. "Man...." I was totally bummed.

Sting looked at me. "Lets play a game." he said. I just giggled. "Okay? What? Hide n' seek or peek-a-boo?" I laughed. He just rolled his eyes. "Noo. A more - advanced game, you could call it." he stated.

I arched my eyebrow a bit. "Like what?" He smirked. "Lets play 21 questions."

I groaned then took a bite out of my chocolate cake. "Fine. Whatever floats your boat." I started slurping on my strawberry milkshake. Then taking a bite from my cheesecake. Then taking another bite from the Oreo cake. But before I could eat anything else, Sting scoffed.

"I'll go first. When's your birthday?" he asked. "July 1."

I swallowed my food then asked him. "What's your favorite food?" I smirked. He just made a pffft sound and answered. "Any kind of food."  making me giggled.

"When's the last time you worked out....?" he dared to ask. My eyebrows started to twitch in annoyance. "What's that suppose to mean?" I said through my teeth. He started to sweat nervously. "N-Nothing!...... I'll pass my turn then..." he kept his head down.

That's what I thought. "What..... What do you like in a girl?" I asked. He looked really confused by that question. "Like what do you mean?" he asked. "Well, what do you want in a girl that'll make you happy?" I asked again.

He thought for a moment. "Well. I like when they have blonde hair. I like when they have big Brown chocolate eyes. I like when they have a beautiful curvy body, not that that really matters. I like when she's funny, beautiful, smart and strong willed. But I'll love any girl who's name is Lucy Heartfilia." he smirked at me.

I could feel my cheeks burning. "I don't wanna play anymore." I said messing around with the straw in my strawberry milkshake. "Aw. Just when things got interesting." he frowned.

After, we we're done eating we left the restaurant and by then the sun was setting giving the town a vibrant orange color. Sting put me onto his back and he started to run into a random direction. When he stopped we were at the top of a hill watching the sunset in the horizon.

My eyes sparkled with delight. "Ah! Sugoi!" I jumped with delight.

Sting POV

I smiled a bit seeing her face light up by the sight. "It's beautiful isn't it?" she asked not taking her eyes off the setting Sun in the distance.

"Yeah you are." I held her hand lightly. She giggled. "I'm talking about the beautiful sight before us." she corrected me. Then I put my arm around her neck. "And I'm talking about the beautiful sight before me." I kissed her head.

But suddenly she pushed me away a bit with a frown on her face and she was staring down at the ground. "We can't be doing this..." she whispered. "Doing what?"

"We can't be having this kind of relationship...." she sighed before walking away.

"NOO!" I yelled.

Lucy POV

Then I felt his two big muscular arms wrap around my body and his head resting on my head. "Don't leave." he whispered softly. My eyes widened in shock. "Don't leave......please." he put his face onto my head.

I bit my lip and felt a few tears slip out. "Don't worry. I won't."