Chapter 66 - Recovery

A/N: Wishing a Happy Birthday to a long time fan of my work @Olsaja-202 who's birthday was this week! She's an amazing, sweet and loveable person and I'm glad to have an amazing fan of my work as her! ❤️ So here's the next chapter early for the occasion! Enjoy and wish her a happy birthday!!!

***A/N: Slight Trigger Warning for this chapter. You have been warned.***

***Freed's p.o.v***

"What are you making?" Laxus asked coming down the stairs.

"Just some broth. I thought I would go easy today," I mumbled, stirring the pot.

"Well, it smells good," Laxus praised.

I hummed.

It's been two weeks now since the whole Valenzula fight and Rachel has still yet to wake up from her coma.

Since our conversation last week, I've been eating and sleeping again, and now I feel much more well rested, which has been helpful when taking care of her.

Laxus and I have been taking shifts watching over her, only breaking for food. I'm definitely glad he's here, it's probably the only thing that's been keeping me sane, plus he's been nice company.

Porlyusica and Wendy come by every other day to check on her, and in order for Laxus to stop zapping anyone else who comes by, Wendy has been informing the guild of her progress. Which has been helpful in easing the guilds worry's albeit a little bit.

Porlyusica and Wendy's most recent visit was yesterday, which we were hoping for some good news, but didn't exactly receive the news we were looking for.

***Flashback***

"So? How is she?" I questioned as Porlyusica and Wendy came down the stairs.

"Any good news?" Laxus asked.

Wendy turned away and bit her lip as Porlyusica's face turned grim.

"We have some good news, but we also have bad news," Porlyusica responded.

"The good news is it looks like Valenzula's magic has finally wore off. From what we learned the first time with you all, is that any wounds inflicted by his magic won't fully heal until his magic has completely worn off. So now we can focus on healing her wounds itself," Porlyusica explained.

"So she could wake up soon?" I questioned hopefully.

"It's difficult to say. For you all, his magic only lingered on you for a few days, but you were out the rest of the week due to your injuries. With her, due to the intensity of her torture his magic lasted two weeks and her injuries might make her coma only last longer," Porlyusica explained.

"So what's the bad news? We saw how bad the injuries pretty much are to know it's bad," Laxus questioned.

"It was difficult to see the full extent of her injuries on her body with Valenzula's magic since it made it look worse than it was, and it's definitely still bad, but..." Wendy started.

"But what?" I questioned worriedly.

"We- we found something else," Wendy muttered upset.

"We found out her body had been heavily drugged," Porlyusica finished grimly.

"What?!" Laxus and I gasped.

"Are you familiar with the Magnosha drug?" Porlyusica questioned.

We shook our heads nervously.

"It's a drug that strengthens a body's endurance or tolerance. It doesn't relieve pain, but it can keep you alive even if you're on the brink of death. It's commonly used by healers to keep patients alive until their medicine kicks in or the healers arrive. It's a difficult drug to obtain due to its ingredients so it isn't often used unless for extremely dire emergencies, but like all drugs it can be extremely dangerous if overdosed or overused, or, in the wrong hands," Porlyusica's eyes narrowed dangerously.