She laid the tests flat on the counter and turned to the mirror while she waited. She put her hands on her lower stomach and looked straight into the mirror once and then turned to the side with her hands still on her belly. "Anybody in there?" she said with a sing-song tone.

The 7 minute timer went off and Emmy eagerly rushed to check the tests. Double lines shown on each of the tiny screens. Her heart leaped and tears of joy stung her eyes.

"JAS," she yelled even though she was barely a room away, "JAS JAS JAS"

Jasmine ran into the bathroom, "What, What, Are you ok?"

Emmy jumped on two feet with one of the sticks in hand,"I'm pregnant!"

"Emmy! Omg!" Jas said excitedly pulling her into a hug, "This is crazy! Omg!" Jasmine was stunned and kept saying No way! No way! No way!

Both women kept shrieking back and forth in the confines of the bathroom. So much joy and happiness was contained in this moment, so much love for the baby that they barely knew.

"I can't believe you're having a baby," Jasmine smiled and shook her head once they had calmed down a little, "You have to tell Daveed."

"I know" Emmy replied, "How though? I wanna make it special since it's such a surprise"

"Hmm I don't know," Jas answered, "Buy him something?"

"Yeah," Emmy nodded, "We could go to the baby store and just see what they have."

Jasmine and Emmy headed back down stairs and to Emmy's car. It was such a surreal feeling and Emmy felt like she could explode from the sheer amount of happiness she felt. She was going to be a mom, and she never knew how badly she wanted this until she thought about the little baby currently growing inside her.

The three of them pulled into the Buy Buy Baby parking lot and walked inside. Right as she walked in, Emmy spotted some puppy bandanas with labels such as Big Brother, Big Sister, and other things like that.

"These are SO cute!" Emmy cooed at the little pieces of fabric, "These would be perfect for Moose and Luna"

"You could tie them on them and have them meet Daveed at the door" Jasmine smiled, agreeing with Emmy.

"I love that," Emmy grinned, "I want to get like a onesie or something too. I can't believe I can buy baby clothes now."

Emmy was so giddy as she moved through the store sifting through all the pinks, blues, and prints. She landed on a light green shortsleeved newborn onesie that had Daddy's Favorite printed on it. Emmy decided to give this as a sort of gift to Daveed and grabbed a gift bag on her way to checkout.

After the finished in the store, they headed to Emmy's car once again. Daveed would be home in about an hour and they were about 30 minutes away so the timing was perfect. Everything felt perfect to Emmy at the moment. Her best friend, her husband, her baby. Nothing could be better at the moment.

She pulled into her driveway and grabbed all of the things she had bought. Jasmine got the dogs from outside while Emmy prepared the onesie and gift bag. They tied the scarfs around Luna and Moose, the latter of them protested but let them put it on nonetheless.

Not too long after they had finished, the sound of the garage let them know that Daveed was home. Emmy's heart picked up speed with excitement over just sharing the news with him.

The door opened and Luna and Moose ran to prance on Daveed as he walked in.

"Hey buddies. Did you miss-" he began before he read the letters that were bolded on their necks. He looked up from where he was petting them with wide eyes. He took a double take and stood in shock for just a moment as he realized what it all meant.

Daveed looked at Emmy who was still wearing a huge smile. He walked over to her with a look of disbelief as she nodded her head.

"You're pregnant?" he asked.

"I'm pregnant," she grinned back at him.

Daveed reached out and placed his hands on her stomach. He smiled down at her belly that wasn't even a belly yet and then smiled back at her.

"How long have you known?" he asked.

Emmy pretended to check a watch and replied, "Almost 6 hours."

Daveed couldn't stop smiling himself as he wrapped his arms around Emmy's back and pulled her into a tight hug. "I love you. Wow, I love you" he said into her shoulder.

"I love you too," she said from her place in the hug, "And I got you something else"

Emmy held up the pink and blue gift bag and handed it to him. He took the bag and pulled out the tiny clothes. Daveed held up the onesie and turned it around to read it.

"Emmy," he said, his lip quivering from the tears of joy he was trying to hold in, "I love it." He pulled her into another hug, this one much longer.

Once they finally pulled away, Daveed shook his head and looked at the onesie once again. "I can't believe this is real."

"Me neither," Emmy said, "I mean I suspected, but i never thought-"

"How did you know?" he asked, his hands still reaching out towards her stomach.

"I felt nauseous all week and then earlier at dog park I almost threw up from the smell," she replied.

"Morning sickness," he grinned which garnered a nod from Emmy.

The new parents turned to see that Jas had taken a seat on their kitchen barstools. "Oh sorry Jas" Emmy said, laughing at the fact that they had forgotten she was there.

"Nah, y'all are good, have y'all's moment" Jas smiled back at them.

After a while, all 4 of them gathered on their sectional couch and hung out until nightfall. They talked about the baby and watched movies until Anthony came to pick Jasmine up. They shared the news with Anthony as well, and he too was overjoyed.

The five of them celebrated for a little while until Jas and Ant left to go home. Emmy and Daveed headed upstairs for the night into their room.

"What a day," Emmy smiled as they both worked to pull back the covers to their bed.

"You're telling me," Daveed said matching her smile.

Both of them changed clothes and climbed into bed. They talked about the baby for a long while until Emmy began yawning.

"Come on," Daveed said rubbing her shoulder, "Pregnant women need their rest," he chuckled at his own joke.

"Funny," Emmy teased even though she was laughing. She rolled over and scooted back into his arms. As she began to close her eyes, she could feel Daveed's arms wrap around her and land on her stomach. That whole night they remained like this, their family, their growing family snuggled up together, all warm and whole.