Chapter 65. The Morning After

Start from the beginning

Quite frankly, I don't even know how I ended up dancing with him.

I look back hesitantly before shaking my head and reaching for the door handle. I rush out of the building with only one thought in my head;

I can't do this to myself again.

~ ~ ~

Tyler

My eyes snap open.

I slowly sit up, looking down at the pillow in my arms in confusion. There's a long strand of brunette hair on it and the faint scent of...

Sydney.

Sydney, Sydney, where is she?

I get out of the bed, looking around.

An empty feeling eats its way inside of my stomach as I walk out of the bedroom.

"Sydney?" I call out with a little bit of hope.

Silence answers me.

She's gone.

Just like that. Without saying anything.

What even happened last night?

I pick up my phone.

"Hey, Ritcher."

"Adam, I'm so sorry for calling you and disturbing your time, but do you possibly know where Sydney is?"

I softly close my eyes as I hear him sigh sadly over the line.

"Last I knew, she disappeared with you last night. But, I'm so sorry Ritcher, she's probably on a plane back to New York, because she did mention that her flight is this time. I thought you knew."

"Oh."

Why?

Why, why, why?

Why would you leave without telling me anything? Not even a damn goodbye?

~ ~ ~

Sydney

One Week Later

"I just can't believe it!" Samantha squeals.

"What?" I ask, a slow smile slowly forming on my lips.

"I'm getting married! Me. Damn, I thought you would've been the one married and already pregnant by Ritcher by now."

She notices my change in demeanour, before quickly pursing her lips and sitting down next to me slowly.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

I shake my head, "Don't apologize. I'm so happy for you anyway. You deserve this more than anyone. And I'm so happy my brother found someone amazing like you."

She grins, before pulling me into an embrace and placing her head on my shoulder with a sigh. My smile falters a little bit as I set my head on her shoulder too, my mind fogging up with him again.