Emmy greeted him back with yet another forced smile. Emmy Raver. The simple reading of her name was a microdose of the flood gates opening in her mind. Emmy Raver. The tone of his voice, the inflection from emmy to raver, the omitting of the second half of her hyphenated last name. She could feel him, picture him, hear him saying it exactly in that fashion. Daveed was the only person to call her "Emmy Raver." He used it like a two part first name. He never just called her Emmy, it was always Emmy Raver!, and hearing the train driver say it brought back memories, feelings she didn't know could be felt, could be missed so deeply so soon.

The engine of the train roared and they were off to Boston. Emmy took a deep breathe in as her brain began to wrap around what she was doing. It felt right and she kept breathing as it sunk further and more and more doubt crept in. There was no doubt that she could do this, be her own person in a new place fully to herself, but the question running through every crevice of her mind was, did she want to?

Her eyes watched the window, the passing sights as the train went on for miles and miles. They passed so many familiar areas, so many parts of New York that held so much of their story. The train grazed the outskirts of Brooklyn, a place she and Daveed spent so many nights. Memories flooded her brain, the gates opening more and more. Out in the distance she could spot Ivy&Maine, and it was as if it all fell back into replay. As if she was watching a scene on a tv, the memories presented so vividly.

"For you, my darling," Daveed said with a wink as he pulled out the chair for her to sit. He took his seat on the opposite end of the table and placed his hand on the top of the table.

Emmy placed her hand atop his, and interlocked their fingers stayed the whole night. The ambiance lighting illuminated both of their features and they couldn't help but continue to smile at each other during the entirety of their date.

The waiter came and interrupted their bubble for a short amount of time to take their orders. Salmon for Emmy, steak for Daveed. They could have probably ordered for each other, they knew each other in and out, they didn't often surprise each other.

Their meal arrived shortly after and they had to part their hands for the first time that night. The night was perfect, a blissful date catching up with each other and simply enjoying each other's company.

"You're gonna waste it," Emmy gasped, watching as the bottle of steak sauce was slipping through his grasp as he poured with divided attention.

"Oh, oh shit," he cursed, looking at the bottle that was so close to spilling all over. He grabbed up the bottle as much as he could with his other hand, getting droplets of sauce all through his fingers.

Emmy sat across from him laughing her head off. "You're such a goof," she laughed more as the sauce ran down his fingers.

"You're no help," he chuckled, scrambling to get napkins.

"Watch your suit!" she ordered from afar, still laughing at his struggles.

"I hate you," he shook his head as he cleaned himself off. He got the bottle cleared and most of the sauce off, but the stickiness and stains on his fingers left evidence.

"You love me," Emmy said, spinning her body in her chair.

Daveed smiled widely for several moments before speaking. "Let's do this forever. You know, even when we're 87 and 95, let's do this. Can we? Can we promise to always go on dates like these? To always make time for each other aside from kids, jobs, and friends?"