Vol.9 Ch.30: All Hope Crushed at the Early-Game

Start from the beginning

"Meh, whatever," Bruce gave up. Or, so it seemed. "Hey, Dyl! Come gank Bot! I already rekt this Impaler pretty hard, so ya just gotta get a few hits in. Ez."

"You want me to gank that?" Dylan made a face. "Sorry, my ult is down."

"So what? Just go in there and shoot her and stuff!"

"That's kinda..." Dylan wasn't sure how to retort to that nonsense. He should able to get in there and kill the Impaler, but his chances of escaping alive were slim-to-none. The Ninja and Druid will immediately gang on him and kick his ass. It was risky as heck.

"C'mon," Bruce urged on. "Don't wuss out. Ya got this. bro!"

"'Got this', huh. Yeaaaah." Dylan had no idea what to say. Arguing back will only trigger Bruce, but following his instructions meant death. Dylan had to inject some reason into this conversation ASAP.

"Hey Bryan, what do you think?" Dylan asked.

"Me?" Bryan grumped. Don't shift the responsibility to me, dammit.

"Ignore that guy," Bruce said. "He'll distract them by defending while you sneak up to them. The perfect plan!"

"Perfect, huh. Yaaaaah," Dylan rolled his eyes. He hoped that adding Bryan to the discussion will make Bruce see reason, but Bryan clearly wanted nothing to do with this. Dylan had to figure a different way to deflect this request.

What would a pro player do in this situation? Bruce's silly demand was kinda like an order from the team captain. Bruce wasn't the official captain, but his word carried that much weight.

Because the real captain is acting oblivious all the time. Dylan threw a glance at Raymond, who hasn't spoken a single word on this topic. If Taurus was a proper team, Dylan could've relied on the captain to talk some sense into Bruce. Alas, Raymond was too passive for his own good. He was a captain only in name.

Even if Raymond had an opinion about this, he didn't share it. He was fully concentrated on his situation in Mid. Apparently, the ex-StormBlitz dude was giving the captain a hard time. He had his hands full.

On top of that, Raymond's motto was something like "let the players resolve things among themselves". A cute slogan, but it caused countless problems for the team and the club at large. It gave Bruce the "okay" to take the reins and order everybody around. Anybody who opposed the king had to suffer the consequences.

If I refuse to gank, Bruce gonna complain. If I gank and die, Bruce gonna complain. Fuck my life. Dylan sighed. He was screwed no matter what he gonna pick. Why was life so unfair sometimes? Sigh.

"C'mon, man," Bruce insisted. "Do it for your homie."

"Okay, got it already," Dylan gave in. He'll go there and get the damn kill, then probably die. Will that make Bruce happy? Probably not, but whatever.

At least, it'll become the team's first kill this game. Their situation was a depressing 0-2, so getting one kill could brighten things a little. At the same time, one more early death will make a grim situation look even grimmer...

Whatever. Let's just get it over with. Dylan knew he was probably committing a misplay, but it wasn't entirely hopeless. He might get a kill and escape alive. The odds were slim, but they existed. Worst case, if things go south, he'll eject outta there right away.

Actually, wait. I can just go there, distract them a little, and then run away! Dylan found a third option! It was brilliant! This way, he gonna keep everybody happy. It'll even help Bryan with the defense efforts.