The Battle Begins

Hermione's POV:

With all the craziness of Leo leaving, my group and I never told anyone about me being the daughter of Hecate. I had spoken to the group about and we decided that the information should shared before we arrive at the battle so right now we were all sitting in the Mess Hall...and despite knowing I was sharing a huge announcement I couldn't stop staring at Ginny's newly cut hair, it was a surprise for everyone except apparently, Bridget, Rachel, and Harry.

"Okay," Percy clapped, "To get to the point quickly. In the early parts of our group questing Hermione started to think she could be a demigod, and we also considered it. So we looked into it and then on our travels she was actually claimed. She is the daughter of Hecate. Possibly the most powerful daughter of Hecate ever, it is rumored that a daughter of Hecate would hold her full powers or at least close to them."

"You really just dove right in," I mumbled.

Percy rolled his eyes at me with a crooked smirk. Merlin's beard that stupid smirk. How could someone as smart as Annabeth fall for a guy as sarcastic and honestly not too bright as Percy. Like they were adorable...but I don't understand how he roped someone that smart.

Like yes...I was dating Ron Weasley but if he wants to be he is smart, Percy just seems like if he wasn't a demigod he would be a skater with slacks off in classes, no offense to him he is a great guy.

Anyway, back on track. We are about a days trip away from the location we need to be at and everyone was getting anxious, but we had to tell them about me so there was no better time than the absolute worst time.

Annabeth was holding her face in her hands, "Of course this happened. Because nothing is ever simple. Sorry, Hermione, it isn't you, just the situation."

I gave her a small smile, I knew how she felt. Stressed and panicked, I felt similar almost every year with stressing over Harry and school, especially during the Triwizard Tournament. I couldn't bare feeling like that 24/7...and I knew Annabeth did. I wasn't always stressed like her, I still had a life and was able to relax every once in a while, she was consistently running herself. I prayed she wouldn't burn out.

While everyone continues to talk about the new development I spaced out and thought of the conversation Ron and I had before we boarded the boat. He had pulled me into the Room of Requirement.

*guess what time it is...~spicy~ flashback time*

"Mione' promise me that on this trip you'll do whatever it takes to stay alive. We'll protect each other at all costs," he said in a deep serious tone.

I looked into my ginger princes eyes and nodded, "I promise, Ronald. I won't let anything happen to me or you, or Ginny, or Harry, or honestly...even Draco. I know we're suppose to gain the demigods trust and build relationships but I couldn't handle loosing another wizard or witch. We lost so many already. No one else deserves to die on our side of the mythological scale."

"I mean...they've probably lost more than we could ever know, but I care more about you, Harry, and Ginny than I do anyone else...hell like you I'd even save Draco over one of them probably. No offense to them," Ron laughed slightly.

I bit my lip and looked down worriedly, "What is going to happen if we fail?" I asked, "Is the world going to be completely taken over?"

Ron shrugged, "Probably. I wouldn't doubt it. It's an army of the most vile and evil beings to ever walk the earth. I'm going to praying every night that we make it out alive no matter the outcome though. If we have to live in a post apocalyptic society ruled by evil beings, as long as I'm with you and my family I'll power through it."

I looked at Ron and then gasped when he started to kneel down and pull a black box from his pocket, "Hermione Granger. Will you take this promise ring as a symbol of our relationship. And as a promise that we'll continue to be together?" he opened the box, it was a simple sleek gold band with a twisted middle like a knot. On the inside was an engraving.

It said, "Mione'" I felt tears brimming in my eyes. I nodded and he slipped the ring on my right pointer finger.

I looked at Ron and kneeled down with him, I placed a soft kiss on his lips....

*end of ~spicy~ flashback*

I was shook from my thoughts...

Literally.

Someone was shaking me. I looked to the side and it was Will.

"Sorry, you were spacing out," I mumbled apologetically.

I waved it off and looked to my friends, I held my hands behind my back and twisted the ring on my finger. It had turned into a nervous habit.

I looked at Percy, "So...what do we do?"

He pursed his lips, "I honestly don't know. I think we have to wait and see what happens."

Suddenly the ship stopped and Annabeth ran to the upper deck.

"Guys! We're here." she called back down.

Fetus must have stopped the ship when we reached the destination.

We all looked down over the edge from our place in the sky. We could see monsters, giants, titans, wizards, and demigods alike standing together around a caged man.

There were also three figures whom clearly had more power than the rest and through the whole area you could feel the presence of something even bigger than anyone else, but yet it was only a feeling, not a visual presence.

We all made our way down to the field and Percy gasped seeing the man in the cage.

"Dad!" he screamed. The man did resemble Percy.

It was Poseidon.

The three beings that stood out were a woman who seemed to made of the ground, Leo/Kronos, and Voldemort. I heard Harry's breath hitch, as well as Draco's.

While Ginny, Ron, and I had experienced the same war as them in reality they both were way more deep into it cause of how close they'd been to Voldemort. Draco was a full traitor and Harry defeated him twice.

Everyone drew their weapons on both sides.

I heard a cold laughed and turned to see it was Leo.

His gold eyes flared a voice that wasn't his came through his mouth.

"Let the battle begin."

•••

Y'all we're getting rlly close to the end of this book and I'm kinda sad ngl. Please send me feedback <3

~Daughter Of Poseidon